Call for Submissions — What Scares You About Writing?
I’ve been writing and sharing for so long that I forgot what it felt like to share my work publicly for the first time. It’s definitely frightening and it took a lot of encouragement for my daughter to start posting publicly.
I’m happy to say that she now gets orders weekly and is already planning what her studio will look like, but those months of fear were real.
Our prompt this week is all about your fears. What scares you when it comes to writing or creating? Has that fear ever stopped you?
Same rules still apply:
- You can submit to this or ANY of our past writing prompts. Just scroll through our previous newsletters. They’ll be marked “Call for Submissions.”
- If you’re already a writer for CRY, go ahead and submit.
- If you’re not a writer for CRY but would like to submit to this or any other prompt, let us know and we’ll add you ASAP.
- Be as creative as you want in your submissions. As long as you stick to the topic, we’ll consider it.
- Just because you submit doesn’t mean we’ll post. If you haven’t heard back from us in three days, consider that a pass.
Please reach out if you have any questions at all. If you are new to Medium, here’s how you submit a draft to a publication.