As we have done with many popular Tezos website, desktop, and hardware wallets*, this step-by-step how-to guide will walk you through the user interface of Wetez Wallet on Android phones, from wallet creation until you successfully make a delegation.
*Bare in mind that most of this technologies are experimental and there might be some risk associated to its usage. The purpose of these guides is to provide detailed walkthroughs, but are by no means recommendations.
- This time, we will be testing the Android version, so make sure you have an Android phone with the OS up-to-date.
- That you have downloaded WeTez Wallet from the Google Play Store:
WeTez Walletdeveloped by
Wepos Technology Co., Ltd.
- Make sure that the app is the official WeTez Wallet application, as there had been many fraudulent apps that impersonated wallets on the Google Play Store.
- Have your XTZ ready to send to this wallet.
- Pen and paper ready for writing down the mnemonic.
Creating a Wallet on WeTez
Note: As WeTez is a new wallet, you might experience some bugs on the application and some slowness. I have written down and reported all the bugs I encountered to the dev team, but you might still run into them.
- On your Android phone, fire the WeTez application.
- Tap on Create.
- Give the wallet a name, in case you create more wallets in the future, and choose a password (required for confirming transactions). As usual, I recommend picking a 64-character string with a combination of lowercase, uppercase, numbers and symbols. Once you’re done and both passwords match, tap on confirm.
4. It is time to get the pen and paper ready for the seed words or mnemonic. Tap on Backup. After that, you will see the seed words blurred out. Make sure you have privacy and that no one can see your screen.
5. Tap on Show Mnemonic, it will prompt a reminder of do not screenshot. Although it might seem more convenient to keep record of the seed words with a screenshot, it is extremely risky as whoever has your seed words will be able to import and gain control of your wallet with the funds.
6. Make sure you have written down all the words in order from left to right starting from the top row.
7. To verify that you have the correct seed words written, tap the words once again in order. Once ready, tap on confirm.
8. And your wallet is ready!
Funding your WeTez Wallet
- You can find the
tz1address associated to this account in many places. If you are on the left window, simply tap on the copy icon. If you are on another window, tap on the “⋮” and then receive, this will take you to the window in the middle where the
tz1address is displayed on top and the QR code in the middle.
- Before sending XTZ to this
tz1address, double-check that it’s the right one.
- Once you send the funds, wait a bit until it’s included on the Tezos blockchain. On the Token tab, you will be able to refresh the balance of the account.
Making a Delegation with WeTez Wallet
- On your WeTez Wallet app, tap on the Delegate tab.
- WeTez offers various features, this time we will be checking the Baker-Shop, which is a collection of bakers for Tezos.
- The list is pretty long, scroll down and up and take your time choosing the baker you like the most. When tapping on one from the list, you will be able to read more information on each baker.
4. Once you have found your preferred baker, scroll down on the information window of the baker, where you will find the delegate button.
5. Setup the parameters and check them before tapping on confirm.
6. It will take a bit until the delegation is successful, as it needs to be included on the Tezos blockchain.
7. Once the new delegation goes through, you will see on the History tab the new delegation, with additional information, such as the Cycle started to delegate on and the amount.
8. Additionally, if you wanted to add more XTZ to this delegation, you can by tapping on ⋮ icon and send more XTZ from your
tz1 address to your
More Delegation Guies & Learning About Security
Compilation of articles on Reddit Post.