Previously, in How to Delegate Tezos XTZ with TezBox Online Wallet, we created a TezBox Wallet from scratch, funded it with XTZ, and made a delegation to a baker. This time, we will be exploring a feature that some XTZ holders might be looking for or will eventually need: to re-delegate or change the baker of the delegation.
Re-Accessing Your TezBox Wallet
For the scope of this article, I will assume that you already created a TezBox Wallet. Else, if you want to start using TezBox, take a look at: How to Delegate Tezos XTZ with TezBox Online Wallet.
Open your web browser and go to: https://wallet.tezbox.com (always check that you’re on the right website to avoid impersonating websites).
Depending of what you see after entering the wallet page, you will have one of the two options to re-access your TezBox wallet:
(A) By just entering your password, if your TezBox Wallet is still cached in your browser. Note that “password” refers to the one that you created at Step 4 (Securing your TezBox) and NOT the passphrase you added when writing down the seed words.
(B) By recovering your TexBox wallet, if you cleared the browser cache or clicked on “clear TezBox”. In this case, click on “Restore TezBox” and you will see the next screen:
You will need to type in the 15 seed words that you backed up and the passphrase (if you actually used one when you generated the wallet).
How to Re-Delegate or Change the Baker of Your Delegation?
After accessing your TezBox Wallet, you will find yourself in your wallet dashboard.
- On the left side bar, click on Account 1 (or the Account you want to modify, if you have more than one delegation).
- At your Account 1 view, click on “Delegate”
- If your new preferred baker is in the drop-down-list, select one of them from the list. Else, if you used the custom option, change the baker address in the text field below:
4. One you’re done, click on “Update Delegate”, which will prompt:
Note that changing the appointed baker costs currently no fees. Now just wait until your origination gets updated, included in the Tezos blockchain, you can check on TzScan by searching for your KT1 address:
In the right side of the TzScan page of your KT1 address, you will see the box (as shown in the image) with all the details of this account.
If you scroll down, you will find some details on the account type and, in this case, some details of the delegation.
Once the TZ1 address on the “Delegate” field is the TZ1 address of the new baker, your re-delegation has been successfully made.
More Re-Delegation Guides
- How to Re-Delegate Tezos XTZ with Galleon Wallet: https://medium.com/cryptium/how-to-re-delegate-tezos-xtz-with-galleon-wallet-fbb194433842
- How to Re-Delegate Tezos XTZ with Magnum Wallet: https://medium.com/cryptium/how-to-re-delegate-tezos-xtz-with-magnum-wallet-d8f80b37cb32