How to Store Your Tezos XTZ in Your Trezor Model T and Delegate with Magnum Wallet
If you own a TREZOR Model T, Tezos (XTZ), and your favourite wallet happens to be Magnum Wallet, you can store your funds in the hardware wallet and link it to a Magnum Wallet whenever you want to make transfers or delegations. This is a step-by-step article on how to, if you are not yet familiar with the process.
- You own a Trezor Model T, as Model One does not support Tezos at this point.
- You have the latest firmware installed on your device. Else visit this guide for the initial setup
- You have a Chrome browser or other that is able to detect your linked device and which Magnum Web Wallet supports.
Linking Your Trezor to Magnum Wallet
- After checking the requirements, leave your Trezor Model T connected.
- On your web browser, go to
https://app.magnumwallet.co(check that the domain is correct):
3. Click on “Import or Restore”. From the cryptocurrencies drop-down list, select Tezos (XTZ), then “Link Hardware Wallet” from the next list. Finally, select “Trezor Model T” from the last list:
4. (Optional) The default derivation path is
44'/1729'/0'/0'. If you had created a set of keys using a different derivation path, you can import it by clicking on the icon next to the third list, which allows you to change the default derivation path:
5. Click on Import, which will prompt on your Trezor:
6. After successfully linking your Trezor, you will see on Magnum:
Funding Your Wallet and Making a Delegation
The steps to funding and delegating with Magnum are the same as my previous article without linking the hardware wallet. The difference is that it will prompt you time to time to accept the transaction on your Trezor Model T.
- On Magnum Wallet, you will find your
TZ1address on the top right corner. To fund this wallet, send XTZ to this address. Make sure you double-check the address before sending, else you might lose them forever.
2. Once your address has been funded, on Magnum wallet, go to the “Delegate” tab. Select a baker or enter your own. Make sure you have enough funds in this account, considering delegation amount, both network and origination fee, and the fact that you cannot leave an empty account behind. Once done, click on “Next”:
3. Confirm on Magnum wallet once more the details, and click confirm:
4. Now Magnum will be waiting until you confirm all the following details. It’s a neat feature from Trezor Model T, which displays the details of a transaction for you to verify once more before executing it:
5. Wait until your delegation is included:
From now on, on your Magnum Wallet you should see all your existing delegations at the bottom:
Further Delegation and Wallet Guides
- How to Delegate Tezzies (Tezos’ XTZ) with Trezor Model T Hardware Wallet and SimpleStaking Wallet — With Initial Setup & Screenshots: https://medium.com/cryptium/how-to-delegate-tezzies-tezos-xtz-with-trezor-model-t-hardware-wallet-and-simplestaking-wallet-c2d9aa5b37b8
- How to Store Your Tezos XTZ in Your Trezor Model T and Delegate with TezBox: https://medium.com/cryptium/how-to-store-your-tezos-xtz-in-your-trezor-model-t-and-delegate-with-tezbox-e26c578f7a8b
- How to Re-Delegate Tezos XTZ with Magnum Wallet: https://medium.com/cryptium/how-to-re-delegate-tezos-xtz-with-magnum-wallet-d8f80b37cb32