Ethereum Social Impact Collaboration: Donate ether to support Heifer International
We are excited to announce our second CryptoCare campaign, a collaboration with Heifer International, and a new set of collectibles!
Heifer International is a global nonprofit working to eradicate poverty and hunger through sustainable, values-based holistic community development. Heifer’s social impact runs the spectrum, from distributing animals to agricultural and values-based training and beyond. They’ve been positively impacting the world for over 70 years and have grown to be not only wide reaching, but also tech forward. In 2016, they helped Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative launch the first poultry supply-chain tracking application on the Ethereum blockchain and have been accepting donations via a variety of cryptocurrencies for several years. For more general information about Heifer International, visit their homepage and for more about their blockchain initiatives check out their showcase article.
For our collaboration, we are spotlighting 3 of their important causes. With every adoption of a Heifer collectible, your donation will go towards donating real animals for people in need, empowering women, and supporting sustainable farming. The more you donate, the more help you will provide, and the more your Pal will evolve!
Donate an Animal
The gift of an animal through Heifer International is much more than just an animal. The family also receives training to care for the animal so that it can live a long healthy life, providing the family with milk, eggs, wool and other resources. Your gift of an animal will:
- Improve a family’s nutrition by providing milk, eggs, honey or wool
- Provide income by enabling the family to sell excess products to others
- Encourage sustainable agricultural practices through climate smart agriculture and regenerative farming
- Improve the lives of families for generations by multiplying and Passing on the Gift®
Your animal gift goes around the world, from Africa to Asia, Europe and the Americas. Wherever we find hunger, poverty and hopelessness, we answer with the animals, training and encouragement provided by your generous animal gifts.
The gift of women’s empowerment through Heifer International supplies the resources and training needed for women to set themselves on a path to prosperity. With your donation, the gift of women’s empowerment:
- Provides training and assistance so women can become self-sufficient
- Lets mothers afford to send children to school and pay medical bills
- Helps women find their voice and gives them a sense of dignity
Your Gift of Women’s Empowerment will help women in need who have few resources and little self-esteem bring new energy, ideas, jobs and change to their families and communities. If you change a woman’s life, she will share her knowledge with her sisters, daughters and friends. She will Pass on the Gift® of training and livestock. She will become a force for positive change in her community. And she will, most importantly, find a way to break herself and her family free from hunger and poverty.
Improving the world starts with improving families. A donation Heifer International for Sustainable Farming provides families with resources, training and tools so they can:
- Plant trees that enrich the soil and purify the air while also providing nutritious fruit,
- Boost the productivity of their small farms
- Conserve soil, irrigate crops and sell goods for income
- Market their products, meeting demand and increasing wealth
- Use all available resources and technology, such as animal fertilizer and biogas stoves
These benefits will allow families and communities to transform their failing farms into dependable livelihoods. Thanks to your gift, Heifer International gives people the helping hand up they need to overcome hunger and poverty.
Every donation big or small helps a lot. If you would like to make a donation or learn more, we’ve made an informational landing page that outlines how you can help out. To stay up to date or provide any feedback, please join us in Telegram or follow us on Twitter.