CryptoKitties receives $12M in funding
Cat’s out of the bag
CryptoKitties has raised $12M to make the blockchain purr.
Who are these fat cats investing in CryptoKitties?
The investment is led by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, two of the world’s top venture capital firms who have also backed companies like Facebook, Twitter, and Coinbase.
We are also lucky enough to have other awesome angel investors and seed funds joining our journey:
- Naval Ravikant (Co-founder of AngelList and CoinList)
- Mark Pincus (Founder of Zynga)
- Bill Tai (kitesurfing VC and Board Member of BitFury)
- Fred Ehrsam (former Founder of Coinbase)
- William Mougayar (Founder of Token Summit)
- Avichal Garg (Expert at Y Combinator)
- CAA Ventures, the investment arm of the world’s leading talent agency
- Digital Currency Group
- Version One, one of Canada’s leading venture firms
- Rising Tide Fund, investors in Blockstack and Brave
- YesVC, a new fund started by Caterina Fake (co-founder of Flickr) and Jyri Engstrom
- Hex Capital
What are you going to do with all that catnip?
We envision a world of play, one without limits.
Where ownership is real, and the things you create and discover, you can keep forever.
Where games can be entire economies, unlocking mutual incentives for players and builders to extend the gaming experience.
Where the world is built by everyone who chooses to be a part of it — especially you.
The future is meow.