How to get started and stay up to date on CryptoKitties
Curious about CryptoKitties?
Here are the official resources to introduce you to your new furry friends.
- CryptoKitties FAQs: A great introduction to CryptoKitties.
- Help & Support FAQ: Solutions to common issues
- CryptoKitties Blog: This thing you’re reading right now!
- Update Log: Twice weekly micro updates on what we’re developing and delivering
- Discord: The best way to meet the CryptoKitties community is to join our Discord!
- White Pa-purr: Learn why and how we made CryptoKitties
- Social: Follow us on Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter.
Community is our greatest resource
Within days of launching CryptoKitties, complementary websites, tools, and a variety of community-created projects exploded onto the scene. This extensibility was always something we hoped for with CryptoKitties, but our community exceeded our wildest expectations.
For first time users, we recommend these community-created resources:
- CryptoKitties 411: The best “how to” website we’ve come across for CryptoKitties
- The Kitty Calculator: Find out what two kitties will combine to create
- Chuck Fresco’s Videos: Great for first-time players
- Kitty Explorer: Everything you could want to know about each and every CryptoKitties’ stats
- Trait Charts: Learn how traits combine to create mewtations and get insight into yet-to-be-released cattributes
Community is why CryptoKitties succeeded
We met our core users when we premiered the CryptoKitties Alpha at ETHWaterloo months before our official launch. That initial group ranged from crypto-noobs to blockchain fanatics, and their diverse range of feedback shaped CryptoKitties as the world knows it today.
That same community drove our pre-launch bug hunt, bullet-proofed our beta, and championed the game during the early access launch. When we began to make headlines, it was in no small part thanks to our community.
Community is our biggest obstacle
And that’s our failing, not yours.
We know some of you have been struggling to keep up with the game and its developments. We’ve had imperfect answers to this problem — a weekly newsletter, a micro-update log, our Discord channel — but the reality is that we haven’t solved the underlying problem. Until now, you needed to follow us on all these channels and social to get the full picture.
Moving forward, we’re going to treat this blog as our source of truth. There will still be fun Fancy Cat hints on Twitter, an active community on Discord, quality posts on Reddit, and the update log will always summarize things for you. But this blog will be how you get the latest in-depth news for everything CryptoKitties.