- Redesigned add-in side panel (Excel & Googlesheets)
- Redesigned Excel Ribbon
- Complete revamped Googlesheets add-on
- Custom functions for Excel & Googlesheets (aka formulas)
- Real time streaming data (Excel)
- Custom workspaces & dashboards
- Template library
- Chart library
- Research library
- Smart auto-lookup (Excel)
- New dedicated Cryptosheets Docs portal (in beta testing)
- Analyst Showcase (in beta testing)
- Use on Mac OSX, Windows, Web, iOS and more
- ParadigmAPI integration
- Enterprise & custom subscriptions
- Hundreds of new data providers
- Thousands of new endpoints and datasets
- Historical technical analysis
- Advanced valuation models
- Scenario analysis
- Over 7,000+ unique assets supported
- OnChain Metrics
- Crypto Funds, Events, Exchanges, Wallets, DeFi
- Cryptosheets.com and Spreadstreet.io are officially consolidating into one global platform and brand.
What does this mean for users?
- Users can immediately be able to access dozens of new providers and hundreds of new datasets, charts and a library of research content from the Excel add-in, Google Sheets add-on and web app.
- Users can access any data in Cryptosheets through new custom functions
When will the change take place?
- The changes began taking place in 2019 and will continue through the start of 2020. You can stay up to date by joining our mailing list and following our changelog here.
- We will do our best to make outgoing announcements detailing the major changes that have the most impact on users but we are also conscious of not spamming our mailing lists with every minor change and update.
What are some of the major changes users should expect?
The entire legacy platforms for both Spreadstreet and Cryptosheets were redone and merged into one unified Cryptosheets app. This app can now be accessed through the web, Excel and Google Sheets.
- A lot of the changes will impact the side panel interface (see examples) including menu navigation, dataset access, new features, custom functions, charts, templates, scenario clusters and general styling (some examples are provided below).
- The top Excel ribbon menu will also change substantially along with dozens of new interactive and customizable modules and widgets (some examples are provided below).
- The entire Google Sheets add-on has changed from the legacy Spreadstreet to Cryptosheets, matching the Excel add-in almost entirely* for continuity across platforms
- *Please note: some of the features highlighted in screenshots may change or appear slightly different as updates, feature enhancements and updates are rolled out; Other features are only available on Excel due to Googlesheets limitations
New Excel ribbon and side panel menu navigation
Flexible side panels to compare dozens of data providers
New generation Excel custom functions (aka formulas) + Google Sheet Functions
New custom functions can be used anywhere including on the web and leverage powerful new dynamic arrays from Microsoft
New workspace dashboard area w/ widget gallery
Widgets (currently) include:
- Global content library (charts, research, scenario clusters)
- Charts (w/ send chart data to sheet buttons)
- Templates (w/ send template layouts to sheet buttons — no more downloads!)
- Cryptosheets explorer (auto smart lookup of cell content)
- Trading View (live trading view charts and layouts)
- Symbol lookup
- Provider lookup
- External Web Resource
- Many, many more coming soon…
New Cryptosheets autoTemplates & chart widgets
New generation templates allow users to load highly functional templates directly into their existing workbooks with one click — no file downloads!
Old Look vs New Look:
Old Look (pre 2019)
New Look (2019 onward)
- Will my old spreadsheets still work with the new add-in?
A: Some will but those that may not can be easily converted and updated in Excel and Googlesheets
- Will I still have access to the same data I did in the original add-in?
A: Yes you will and much more. Subscription plans will vary and custom plans are also available
- How can I sign up to be a beta tester?
A: Please contact us directlycontact us
- Where can I see a full list of available data providers?
A: Browse providers here:https://app.cryptosheets.com/#/browse
- How do I get my crypto data API, source or provider listed?
A: We are adding new providers, endpoints and datasets daily so please contact us directlycontact us
- What happened to the big orange button?
A: Please see above new look vs. old look example above. The same functionality is still available just through a far more powerful tool interface using the API consoles provided for each provider & endpoint
- How do I use the legacy Cryptosheets templates?
A: You can find the original templates here:https://cryptosheets.com/templates
- My question is not listed here — where can I find additional help?
A: Please explore our help center and help sections on the web app or contact us directly by using the Intercom chat located on all of our pages
help center | help sections | contact us
Free to sign up, install from the Microsoft AppSource and Google G-Suite stores now.
Available on Microsoft AppSource
Cryptosheets is available on the official Microsoft app store, just type “crypto” or click here to get Started with Excel
Available on Google G-Suite
Cryptosheets is available on the official Google app store, just type “crypto” or click here to get Started with Googlesheets
*During the relaunch period, please note there may be new beta features rolled out to all users that may not be 100% stable or intended for production usage. We intend to clearly identify new features, sections and data functionality as such but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly with any questions, thank you.