CURATOR SOLUTIONS AND OTOLITH LABS PARTNER TO CREATE VIDEO-BASED CASE STUDIES DESIGNED TO ENGAGE TODAY’S LEARNERS
We’re excited to announce the launch of highly relevant, video case studies for higher education by our latest Real Time Partner Company, Otolith Labs, a Washington, D.C.-based medical technology firm. Founded in 2015, Otolith designs products that prevent the often debilitating effects of vertigo and motion sickness, and are also recognized as the pioneers who developed the first therapeutic for vertigo and other balance disorders. Otolith joins a growing list of companies willing to positively impact higher education and offer a bridge between the classroom and the professional world through the Real Time Cases experiential learning activities.
About Otolith Labs
Like one third of the population, founder and CEO, Sam Owen, suffered from motion sickness. Knowing that this was affected by the vestibular system, he had an idea: “If [he] can use vibrations to stimulate the vestibular system, he could confuse and get the brain to ignore it.” This idea resulted in a product that is non-invasive and can easily integrate with a number of devices to prevent motion sickness as well as vertigo. Clinical trials with the University of Maryland and Jaguar Land Rover Automotive have so far proved the products’ effectiveness, and more trials are being conducted to explore additional uses for the technology, including alleviating vestibular migraine, caloric testing, and physical therapy.
To hear more of the Otolith story from their team and to get a glimpse of the business challenges they discuss with students, watch this video trailer (runtime: 1:16)
Six New Video Case Studies: The new video cases are now readily available for assignment within our Real Time Cases platform. Students will have the opportunity to serve as consultants to analyze and address six issues:
- Business Intelligence in Foreign Markets | Key Topics: Foreign Markets, Counterfeiting, Patents, IP, Protecting IP, International, Competitive Priorities
- Compensation Through Growth | Key Topics: Organizational Behavior, Company Culture, Compensation, Human Capital, Human Capital Needs, HR Strategy, HR Systems
- Marketing the Brand | Key Topics: FDA, Medical Wearables, TRA, Brand Strategy, Brand Perception, Zagging Your Brand, Brandscape, Consumer Perception, Regulatory Issues
- Partnering for Capital | Key Topics: Expected Return, External Financing, VC, Partnerships, Cost Benefit Analysis, Equity Or Debt Capital, Needs Analysis, Venture Capital
- Regulatory Impact on Target Marketing | Key Topics: Regulatory Environment, Legal, Cost Benefit Analysis, CBA, Feasibility, Market Share
- Strategic Alignment of Product Development | Key Topics: Distribution, Procurement, Reimbursement, Cost Benefit Analysis, Feasibility, SWOT, RFID, DME
A common theme of the Otolith cases explores the disruption of traditional markets and rapid expansion while ensuring that operations flow smoothly and employees remain engaged. At Curator Solutions, we believe that the addition of Otolith Labs to the Real Time Cases platform will support educators in preparing the next wave of innovative disruptors and business leaders. Visit our online catalog today to explore the Otolith Labs cases for yourself.