How to Automate Everything
Think of things that you can automate in your life.
- Save all the attachments from your email to Dropbox automatically
- Publish to Twitter when you post on Instagram
- Publish to LinkedIn when you post on Twitter
- Send approaching Google Calendar events to a Slack channel
- Add incomplete Todoist tasks to Google Calendar
These seemingly mundane and menial tasks take a lot of time and headspace.
For example, whenever I publish an article on Medium or Post content on Instagram, to get more engagement I have to publish them on all platforms one by one. These tasks may not be that huge but if you are posting every day this can add up and can easily eat up 10-15 minutes of your day.
With this problem statement, I went on a search to find the tool that I can use to automate parts of my life. On my search I found Zapier.
Zapier is a workflow automation tool that allows you to connect multiple apps so that they can talk to each other.
- Tweet whenever you post on Instagram.
2. Save email attachments to your google drive
It's super easy to set up and configure.
Zapier also has integrations with Salesforce, Trello, Mailchimp, Google Forms, Shopify, Typeform which can be super useful for freelancers and people running online businesses.
Here are some of the Zaps that I have created for my personal use so far.
Thanks for reading & share the Zaps that you are using via responding to this story.