CyCraft Partners with TAKTIK, Czech IT Security Firm
Expanding Continuous Digital Forensic Technology to Eastern Europe
Taipei, Taiwan — 25 March 2022 — CyCraft Technology, a world-leading cybersecurity firm based in Taiwan, announced its first EU partnership. CyCraft has partnered with TAKTIK, an IT service and security firm based in Czechia, with branches in Slovakia and Hungary. TAKTIK will provide customers with Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services via CyCraft’s Continuous Digital Forensic Technology.
Czechia has seen an increase in cyberattacks in recent years. In 2021, Czech companies suffered 1,000 cyberattacks per week, reports the Czech News Agency. The global average was 900. On 13 March 2020, at the height of the pandemic, Brno University Hospital (Czechia’s second-largest hospital) was targeted by a ransomware attack, forcing the hospital to shut down its entire IT network.
In March 2020, Motol University Hospital (the largest hospital in both Czechia and Central Europe) began deployment of its new Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) leveraging hyper-converged infrastructure. This unique solution has proven to assist doctors and specialists by reducing their workload and providing faster working speed with large image data. This project was led by Czech IT company TAKTIK.
CyCraft Technology autonomous security products have a proven track record of dealing with ransomware linked and/or affiliated with nation-states, including Russia and China. In February 2020, CyCraft IR digital forensic investigations uncovered deeper attacker motivations and objectives in the ransomware attack targeting Taiwan’s critical infrastructure. In 2021, CyCraft released a working decryptor for Prometheus ransomware who, at the peak of the activity, targeted multiple critical infrastructure organizations in over 30 different countries in only 4 months.
CyCraft Managed Detection and Response (MDR) cybersecurity services provide enterprises with continuous digital forensic investigation capabilities. CyCraft customers experiencing a cyberattack ascertain the ground truth to the attack via real-time cyber situation reports, providing a complete attack storyline, root cause analysis, alert triage automation, and malicious domain, IP, URL analysis.
CyCraft MDR has consistently outperformed competitors in the MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK® evaluations and stands out by being the only vendor to achieve exemplary out-of-the-box detection results with zero configuration changes and zero latency. The latest round of evaluation results simulated attacks by the financially-motivated threat group Wizard Spider and the Russian GRU-affiliated Sandworm Team responsible for the 2015 and 2016 targeting of Ukrainian electrical companies and 2017’s NotPetya attacks.
“CyCraft strives for human-AI collaboration in cybersecurity. All our solutions — from our dark web intelligence fusion platform, RiskINT, to our endpoint detection and response Xensor agent — are driven by our CyCraft AI Virtual Analyst as well as our team of seasoned human professionals. Not only is the security and safety of the entire CyCraft customer community and their data important to us, but so is creating a frictionless and intuitive user experience that puts all our customers’ cybersecurity concerns at ease. Our technology is complicated; our service isn’t.”
— PK Tsung, CyCraft Co-Founder & CSO
State-sponsored (and state-ignored) cybercriminal organizations continue to pose an active and severe threat to enterprises across all industries and sectors. TAKTIK and CyCraft aim to strengthen cyber resilience in Central Europe and help enterprises navigate the uncertain waters of the cyber threat landscape during the current unstable geopolitical climate.
TAKTIK is an IT service and security firm specialized in data center solutions like hyper-converged infrastructure, IT security, storage, backup, and archiving. TAKTIK is based in Prague, Czechia with other active branches in Slovakia and Hungary. TAKTIK has experience in successfully bringing new IT solutions to market and building high-added-value projects, such as the new PACS system for Motol University Hospital.
Learn more → https://www.taktik.cz/en/about-us
CyCraft secures government agencies, financial institutions, semiconductor manufacturing, police and defense organizations, Fortune Global 500 firms, airlines, telecommunications, SMEs, and more by being Fast / Accurate / Simple / Thorough.
CyCraft automates information security protection with built-in advanced managed detection and response (MDR), global cyber threat intelligence (CTI), smart threat intelligence gateways (TIG), network detection and response (NDR), security operations center (SOC) operations software, auto-generated incident response (IR) reports, enterprise-wide Health Check (Compromise Assessment, CA), and Secure From Home services. CyCraft also collaborates with other cybersecurity organizations, including the International Forum of Incident Response & Security Teams (FIRST) and the Taiwan Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (CCoE).
Meet your modern cyber defense needs by engaging CyCraft at email@example.com
- In early 2022, CyCraft uncovered a months-long supply chain attack targeting the Taiwan financial sector with evidence implicating the Chinese Intelligence Agency, the Ministry of State Security (MSS).
- In early 2020, CyCraft curtailed a year-long attack campaign targeting Taiwan’s semiconductor ecosystem and identified a new China-linked threat group, Chimera.
- In the spring of 2020, a CyCraft incident response (IR) investigation into a government agency breach uncovered Waterbear malware — malware designed and distributed by the China-linked threat group BlackTech.
- In April 2020, CyCraft observed a China-linked threat group use ransomware as a smokescreen for a targeted attack on the CPC Corporation — the largest gasoline supplier in Taiwan. The ransomware was a smokescreen for the attackers’ real objective.
- Out of the 47 Representative AI Startups listed in Gartner’s AI Market Guide, 7 are based in Taiwan, and 5 are based in Hong Kong. But only 1 of the 47 Representative AI Startups focused on cybersecurity products and services — CyCraft.
- Our CyCraft AIR security platform achieved a 96.15% Signal-to-Noise Ratio with zero configuration changes and zero delayed detections straight out of the box.
- Learn more about cybersecurity in our CyCraft Classroom Series. Our latest article, “What is Managed Detection and Response (MDR)?” teaches the benefits of MDR, its unique selling points, and how to make better-informed decisions when choosing an MDR service or vendor.