A compilation of essays around living a virtuous life
We all want to live more deeply every day, right? I certainly do, which is why I started a weekly habit of writing about virtues — what they mean to me, how they are presenting in my life, and how I’m internalizing them — in this time.
Every day we are different. I am interested in growth. I hope they will be interesting to read 1, 5, 10, 20 years from now. Join me if you desire! All virtues or listed below.
- Acceptance: Why You Should Lean into Acceptance, Even (Especially) if it’s Hard, published July 12, 2017
- Assertiveness: What’s Good for One is Good for All, published July 20, 2017
- Authenticity: What You See Isn’t Always What You Get, published July 24, 2017
- Caring, Cleanliness, Commitment, Compassion, Confidence, Consideration, Contentment, Cooperation, Courage, Creativity
- Detachment, Determination, Dignity
- Encouragement, Enthusiasm, Ethical, Excellence
- Fairness, Faith, Flexibility, Forgiveness, Friendliness
- Generosity, Gentleness, Graciousness, Gratitude
- Harmonious, Honesty, Honor, Hope, Humility
- Idealism, Integrity, Imaginative
- Love, Loyalty
- Moderation, Modesty
- Optimism, Orderliness
- Passionate, Patience, Peace, Perseverance, Preparedness, Purposefulness
- Reliability, Respect, Responsibility, Reverence
- Self-discipline, Service, Sincerity
- Tact, Temperance, Tenacious, Thankfulness, Tolerance, Trust, Truthfulness
- Understanding, Unity
- Wisdom, Wonder
Heather is a writer and yoga educator. She shares daily-ish here as part of her spiritual practice, and is working on her first book, Yoga Prayers. A free e-book, A Prelude to Yoga Prayers, will be available in August 2017.
Subscribe to Monday Morning Musings — up to 5 articles, each read in 5 minutes or less, and receive a FREE 15 minute Rotation of Consciousness Practice to calm yourself, get out of thinking mind and into the body.