About Demeter Delune
What I’m up to and who I am, updated January 2022
My name is Demeter Delune and I’ve been writing stories my entire life. Welcome to my page. I hope you find at least one story you can connect with. About four years ago, I began this journey on Medium, sharing my deepest, darkest secrets in story form, under my ‘real name’ (as close as I get online, anyway). Then, people from my day-to-day life who I didn’t care to have reading my words trickled in and caused trouble, so I created Demeter about two years in, and really started being myself.
In this life, I’ve been a Professional Dominatrix, a phone sex operator, an insurance agent, a chemist, and a counselor.
Now, I’m a freelance writer, online sex worker, sex educator, pleasure advocate, photographer, and intimacy/relationship coach.
Writing under a pseudonym has its advantages. This is a place where I can express myself, tell stories, share erotica, or anything else I choose; without as much fear of repercussions from the ‘real world’.
It’s freeing, for sure.
The downside is, it’s not as freeing as I’d like, because I still have to hide behind a name I chose in order to say what I feel and desire. I’ve recently begun sharing a bit more of my personal self. I’m an authentic person whose writing is inherently vulnerable, so sharing more openly tends to go hand in hand with that.
You can find links to all of my content here-Current as of 2022:
I’ve scrapped YouTube projects for now, and likely for all of 2022.
Instagram — Sex toy reviews with photos and posts about sex positivity and education. Sometimes, I even share a glimpse into my daily life.
Substack — I’ve revived my newsletter and given it a new name, Discourse with Demeter. You can subscribe for free, but there’s also a monthly option for $10, annual for $100, or founding member for $200.
Tumblr — This is new.
Flickr — This is also new. I’ll share my photography (Mostly SFW) here.
Twitter — I share all my work here and random musings and photography.
Adult Twitter — Just what it sounds like.
Kofi — Where you can buy me a coffee if you’d like to support my work! I also take erotica commissions from there (or you can just email me)
CashApp — If you’d like to tip me, tribute me, or just let me get a treat for myself without fees, this is the perfect place.
Current Goings On — Updated January 2022
What is Demeter up to this month?
Professionally, I am:
- Working on setting up a content creation schedule for myself, not only for articles, but for adult work, too. I want to grow my adult brand from just posting randomly on Twitter and dropping huge amounts of content at once on the fan site to running it as the business it is. I have one subscriber at the moment, and while I’m sure it’s nice for him to benefit from what translates to thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars worth of content, it isn’t so nice for me. So I need to work on making that stuff work better for me.
- I listed it under where to find me, but wanted to touch on it here. My Substack, Discourse with Demeter is different than it was before — new name, new content. You can subscribe for free, but there’s also a monthly option for $10, annual for $100, or founding member for $200. Rather than just share the same content I post here, I wanted to start a conversation. Sure, people comment on articles here, but I know there are things people don’t necessarily want in the public eye. Some of you have emailed me in the past about questions or comments you have about what I write. And that’s fine, but I don’t always have the time to respond properly to everything. With my newsletter, I’m offering more access to me for paid members.
But Demeter, why do I have to pay for your time? Well, don’t you pay for therapy? Don’t you pay when you see your primary care physician? Sure you do. My time is valuable, just as yours is. But I thought we were friends, don’t you just want to talk to me? This one is tricky. I have made some invaluable friends here on this platform and I’m not taking away from that. But at the end of the day, most of what I do is my business and I can’t feel bad about that. Nor will I allow people to make me feel bad for not spending hours responding to email after email regarding something I offer as a service.
- This month, I will be receiving a few items from Betty’s Toy Box to test, and as always, I’m excited. Betty’s remains my favorite online sex toy boutique, not only because they have almost anything you could need, but because their customer service is unmatched. Click on the above link to purchase any items from this wonderful company and be sure to use my code, DEMI to get 10 percent off your total order.
- Just before Christmas, I received a new, smaller, sex machine from Hismith, so I’m in the process of photographing and testing that for review. Considering my much smaller work/living space these days, I’m happy to report I can actually use this one here, instead of having to store it under the bed like the one I already owned. My original machine can only come out to play when I travel to hotel rooms, sadly. But this one works on my bed, so I’m excited to tell you all about it in the coming week or so. They were kind enough to include a new dildo with it as well so I’ll be telling you about how that works with the machine too.
- I’ve recently partnered with a new sex toy company, V for Vibes, and have already reviewed two items for them that I was very impressed with. They are a woman owned and operated company, which always makes me happy. You can find those reviews here and here. You can save 5 percent on your purchase with them by using my code DEMIVIBES.
- I’m taking on more freelance projects with publications off Medium. I’ve had work published online and in print with Petit Mort (a personal huge accomplishment for me), online with Giddy, and have an ongoing relationship with Mamamia! magazine. In 2022, I would love to expand my freelance career to the point where it is the bulk of my income and Medium becomes the bonus.
Personally, I am:
- Working on realizing I don’t have to monetize every single part of my life. This one is difficult for me. But Demeter, you were just talking, up there, about monetizing conversation?! Not the point. What I mean is, I’m allowed to play a cozy game (I love Animal Crossing) and not stream it live because I have followers who would want to watch that. I’m allowed to masturbate and not take photos or video, just enjoy the damn orgasm.
- Working on being kinder to myself as so many things change in my life.
- Take moments just for me throughout the day. This past year has been a doozy. Self care is something I’ve allowed to fall by the wayside and I intend to make it a huge priority this year. If you’d like to help with that, I have a running Amazon Wishlist with items that will always be appreciated!
The best way to reach me is demeterdelune (at) gmail dot com. I respond to all emails received, as long as they’re appropriate. I check email multiple times per day, but I may not be able to respond immediately. Please be patient as I’m getting used to my new normal. If I don’t respond to a business inquiry within 3 days, feel free to touch base again.
If you’re asking for advice regarding things I provide coaching services about, consider asking yourself if this would be better served by signing up for a coaching session/package.
As of January 2022, I am offering phone sessions for $50/30 minutes $100/60 minutes, which can be scheduled via email.
You can also message me on Twitter or IG.
Work With Me
Here’s what I can do for/with you!
- article writing for other companies, websites — I currently write for Zoosk’s The Date Mix, have recently started working with Giddy, and have been featured on MamaMia! Please get in touch for my rates and portfolio.
- Collaboration — I am available for interviews (written) with other sex positive writers/podcast hosts. Please email for information/questions. If you have ideas on how we can collaborate, please send me a note. I’m open to most suggestions.
- Photography — If you are in the coastal NC area and would like to work together photography wise, I would love to talk. I am available to shoot or to model. I am kink/fetish friendly in this regard as well. Shoot me an email and let’s talk.
- relationship/love/intimacy coaching- I provide coaching services for singles, couples, and multiples. $50/30 minutes $100/60 minutes
I have a background in psychology and years of experience in polyamory and monogamous relationships to bring to the table. There is no shame here, I am kink and fetish friendly. If you’re ready to take your relationship to the next level, need advice on where to go from here, or just want someone to openly discuss things with, I’m here.
- Reviews — I am no longer working with Amazon sellers, but if you’re a sex toy manufacturer, or other sexual wellness company and would like to work with me regarding obtaining a review, please don’t hesitate to reach out. If we are not already working together, I am likely not going to review your product just in exchange for a free item. At this point, it will probably only be as a sponsored post (I do not accept pre-written content, I will honestly review your product only after testing). Pricing and options available upon request. I can not pay bills with sex toys, sadly.
2021 Year in Review With Top Stories:
Is there anything you would like to see? Do you have a topic in mind you would love to learn more about? Feel free to leave a note in comments, private or public, or reach out to me via email.
I can’t wait for us to get to know one another.