Are We Seeing The Great Pixelmon Revival? People Buying Their NFTs Again!
If you think that negative crypto sentiment will stop dapp development, you’re wrong. And things are getting more interesting in the gaming space, as products find their way into the hands of users. This week we’ve published the following articles:
- Robert unraveled Farmers World as a game filled with bots, but still played by passionate community members.
- Leticia painted a picture of the future of gaming, where realities blend, gamers unite and ownership is key.
- And Charlie wrote an excellent guide about Phantom Galaxies, a space combat game that will knock your socks off.
gm. This is the DappRadar Gaming Magazine, the official gaming outlet from DappRadar, the world’s dapp store and number one application discovery platform for Web3.
Before we get started, if you don’t want to miss the best games and play-and-earn opportunities out there, hit the 🔔 Subscribe button now!
Pixelmon finds its way back into the spotlight
Remember Pixelmon? The project that made $70 million from NFT sales and then unveiled some of the ugliest game designs to have offer graced the internet? The Pokémon-inspired online role playing game Pixelmon has found renewed support within the gaming community, as trading activity for the game’s monster characters has been pumping. Weekly trading volume has increased 368%, ignited by Kevin’s cult status and on-going development from a new game studio.
New Games on DappRadar
Go through the new dapp game list, and get some quality out of it. Or go through NFT Explorer, and find a new game NFT collection.
- The Bornless —a free-to-play, competitive multiplayer, first-person survival horror game.
- Ether Legends — a trading card game with its graphics based on historical and cult figures in the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Mushro Legends — a card-based fantasy adventure game for desktop and mobile devices.
- P12 Arcana — Project 12 is a Web3 gaming ecosystem containing various smaller challenges, betting, purchasing assets and more.
- Mir4 — a free-to-play MMORPG with auto-battle mechanics for pc and mobile devices.
Have $10? Jump into these Play-and-Earn Games
Gaming is fun, but when NFTs are involved things can get very expensive quickly. But it doesn’t need to be this way. Mass adoption of blockchain-powered games will not happen through $100,000 NFTs, but instead through affordable options that reward player participation. We’ve listed 10 gaming projects you could give a try by spending $10 or less.
Gaming Dapp Highlights
- Gameta—reached 500,000 UAW in a week. The casual gaming platform remains a popular choice, even though gameplay is simple.
- Gods Unchained — remains popular for NFT trading. Those who trade can share in GODS and IMX rewards. And there’s the trinket NFT that’s up for grabs.
- Trickshot Blitz — increased its user base 77% to 161,000. New challenges, rewards and campaigns bring users to the casual mobile game. Read more here.
- League of Kingdoms — doubled its user count to 788 UAW. These user are the ones minting assets or claiming rewards.
- Castaways — launched The Islands NFTs, already having a $5,000 average price at the time of writing.
- Alien Worlds — average price for NFTs has increased 24% over the past week, while number of sales dropped 25%.
Every week we highlight the most interesting gaming projects you need to keep your eyes on.
- Earth From Another Sun currently has a testing period. Built on Solana, and it looks pretty great! — Visit website
- Big Time will open a new alpha test, only to users who own a SPACE NFT. The testing takes place every Thursday.
- World Eternal Online Season 1 has started, it’s a closed alpha so you will need to do some effort in obtaining a key. — Official website
- The Fabled will have a demo launching December. Still some time to go.
- Superior, the action game from Gala Games, can now be found for wishlisting on Steam. Game will supposedly launch later this year.
👍 We have the best tools to help you keep up with gaming trends!
- 🎮 DappRadar Gaming Ranking helps you track the best games across over 50 chains
- 🎦 We talk to the teams behind projects to bring you the most in-depth perspective. Check out our YouTube channel!
- 🔧 If you are a game developer, submit your dapp and show it to DappRadar’s 1 million monthly users!
- Join our communities: 🐦 Twitter & 👾 Discord — or get involved in the DappRadar DAO, start by joining our Forum!
😊 We look forward to seeing you again in the next issue!