Darwinia Highlight July | Monthly Recap
- Replace BSC light client pallet with solidity implementation in the smart chain.
- Enable evm pallet in Darwinia runtime.
- Unify precompile ids in all Darwinia chains, and remove deprecated precompiles, including Transfer, MPT, S2S, etc. EVM compatible precompiles start with 1, stable darwinia precompiles start with 1024, and unstable precompiles start with 2048.
- Use Dispatch precompile to achieve RING/KTON transfer from smart chains to substrate chain.
- Custom MultiAddress to support direct transfer balances to an Ethereum address from the substrate chain.
- Clean and remove useless RPC methods from nodes, including RPC from balances, mmr, substrate-messages pallets, etc.
- Testing and stabilization of message_transact message for EVM to EVM between Darwinia and Crab smart chains through substrate bridges.
- Darwinia and Crab runtime upgrade 1230.
- Faster relay implementation of Bridger using pre-indexing, checkout version v0.6.0 and v0.6.1.
- The first release of Darwinia SDK for solidity developers, checkout version v1.0.0.
- Add remote-governance pallet. Use Crab’s governance system to manage Crab Parachin through the S2S bridge.
- BLS12381 lib in solidity.
- Darwinia POSA light client.
Darwinia Ecological Applications and Infrastructure Updates
- Darwinia has won the 21st Parachain Auction on Polkadot!
- July’s 7.5% CRAB + CKTON rewards from Crab Kusama Parachain Slot Auction have been delivered!
- The second wave of Crab and Darwinia PLO NFT rewards has been distributed! Please refer to this guide to check your NFT.
- Crab Network UI/UX and content updated.
- Release S2S SDK new version.
- Helped HelixBridge to use the S2S SDK in production.
- Introducing EVM-compatible Darwinia Smart Chain, prompt the building of a hybrid cross-chain network for Polkadot.
- Darwinia Apps Guide Part V: CRAB/CKTON Transfer Between Crab Chain and Crab Smart Chain.
- Darwinia Apps
- Updated Darwinia & Crab theme color and token icon.
- Added Faucet on Pangolin and Pangoro Testnet.
- Added EVM withdraw and EVM address converter on the Darwinia Chain.
- Added Fee Market Analytics Page on the Crab Chain.
- Optimization in indexing service framework to enhance bridge access scalability.
- Implemented v2 of s2s bridge based on Darwinia SDK and completed testing on-chain deployment.
- Released Crab Chain >Crab Parachain one-way asset bridge.
- Added Helix docs sections on Fees, Bridges, Tokens, Protocols, etc.
- Design and implementation of transaction personal record page.
- Aggregated cBridge asset bridges, first bridge selected RING between Crab Smart Chain and Heco.
- portal.evolution.land | Added Billboard and Ranklist.
- portal.evolution.land | Drill function integrated to the portal.
- arena.evolution.land | PVE integration is on the way!
- arena.evolution.land | Polkapets is supported in Apostle Arena.
- arena.evolution.land | 37,000 $TECH added to Arena rewards pool!
Darwinia Community Events
- To celebrate Darwinia winning Polkadot parachain, we have organized an OAT campaign for new Darwinia friends powered by @ProjectGalaxyHQ.
About Darwinia Network
Darwinia is a cross-chain messaging infrastructure, which provides a light client-based, programmable, universal cross-chain messaging network for decentralized applications. Now, we’ve successfully used Darwinia’s light-client cross-chain messaging protocol(LCMP) to bridge cross-chain messages between substrate-based chains, and even between substrate-based chains and EVM chains, meanwhile, Darwinia provides developers with the SDK, and developers can easily integrate cross-chain capabilities into their Dapps. This will have profound implications for cross-chain interoperability, and Darwinia will as a cross-chain messaging infrastructure to prompt the building of a hybrid cross-chain network for Polkadot.