Blockchain can Reinvigorate the Recruitment Industry
Let’s face it, the recruitment industry has a terrible image and has done for many years.
Whether looking to employ staff or find a new job, the industry is tarnished for many reasons.
- Treating candidates as inanimate objects sitting on a stock shelf, leading to feelings of not being heard and worse, that they’re only a number, fulfilling a recruiter’s quota for placements
- Lack of interest and understanding of the client or candidate they are representing
- Promising the world and delivering nothing
- Not returning phones calls and ignoring emails
- Unable to make a ‘human’ connection
- Viewing candidates as purely a means to an end to feed commission hungry sales personnel
- ‘Drop and run’ mentality once the ‘sale’ is made
- Encouraging candidates to exaggerate their skills and suitability
- Flooding employers with irrelevant and unsuitable resumes in the hope that one will stick
- High staff turn-around in their own industry leading to poor customer service levels and inability to establish meaningful relationships with candidates and clients
- Lack/poor levels of communication and integrity
- Minimal effort to build relationships with either recruiting companies or job seekers, leading to misunderstanding requirements and aspirations
The list goes on and on.
In recent years, ‘online’ agencies and related platforms have opened up additional recruitment opportunities. Unfortunately, platforms such as LinkedIn, Monster and Facebook, sell both personal and business data to others and the data owners (candidates and employers) get no reward.
As with many industries, the blockchain brings new hope and opportunity to regroup and reshape.
The nature of the open ledger that decentralisation and the blockchain bring, can easily be leveraged in the recruitment industry to provide much needed accountability and integrity. The use of smart contracts for the end to end recruitment process bring benefits for all parties involved and the transparency of the transactions has to be a major breakthrough for the industry.
Aworker could be the platform to revolutionise the industry.
It has consistently scored highly on various ICO review sites and that’s how I came across it.
They are one of only a few ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) to have a working platform, in fact, real jobs are already available. Check their platform out at app.aworker.io
Aworker is a multi-chain verified data protocol for application creation, allowing people to control their own information. Their protocol makes it easy to create and manage applications based on verified data and reputation score. The Aworker blockchain framework works with public blockchains and has the power to customise it for different applications.
The Aworker ecosystem includes the development of a cross-platform architecture that will store data (hash) in Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, NEO; all proven and reliable blockchain infrastructure platforms.
Token: The WORK token creates crypto-economic incentives on the Aworker protocol. The token is used to pay verification fees and data exchange between system users. It will be also a fungible tool for application participants who want to buy/sell the token to use on the platform. The number of tokens is limited to 4,800,000,000, thereby creating a handsome supply and demand scenario for both users and investors.
Reward: The reward between the participants of the recruitment process in Aworker is distributed as follows, thus creating a win-win for all involved:
- 50% to the one who recommended the best candidate
- 10% to the best candidate the company chose
- 10% receive by those who recommended people who came for an interview
- 10% to people who come for an interview
- 10% received by those who recommended candidates that are unsuitable for the position (not invited to an interview)
- 10% to the Aworker platform
If you are interested in technology destined to disrupt existing industries, then Aworker may be right for you. Always do your own research and due diligence before investing in any ICO.