Before beginning any new project, almost all of the development teams these days have to go through a series of meetings to decide which one is the best programming language for the software that they are going to develop. When it comes to this discussion, two of the most popular and used options are Python and Golang.
However, the choice between these two amazing programming languages often becomes a difficult one for someone who is not familiar with the characteristics of each. In this blog, we will be discussing these two programming languages in-detail and will compare the parameters which can help in finding out the best one between these two. The different parameters based on which the comparisons will happen are:
Best Coding Languages to Learn in 2019 | Data Driven Investor
During my years as an undergrad, I skipped many night-outs to pick up Java hoping it would one day help me get ahead in…
But before that, let us move forward and have an introduction to both these programming languages.
So, What Exactly Is Golang & Python?
An Introduction to Golang
- Go, which is more commonly known as Golang, is a computer language of Programming, which is the child of Google.
- The development of this language began in the year 2007. With the language being introduced in the year 2009 to the people, it quickly started to grow, and it is one of the fastest-growing programming languages in the present year of 2019.
- The language has the base of the C programming language, and hence there is no additional garbage of the other languages such as C++. So, in a way, Golang is incorporated with different features which form the base of the modern languages.
- These features include operator overloading, type inheritance, and pointer arithmetic. The end result was a product which was statically typed and has a powerful and refined library with unparalleled speed and performance.
An Introduction To Python
- Python is one of the most commonly used general types of programming language, and so it can be used in every single case. Created by Guido van Rossum, a Dutch Programmer, the language was released to the public in the year 1991.
- It is one of the top 7 programming languages which are used by the people, and it also ranks №1 in the annual results of IEEE Spectrum Ranking.
- One of the essential aspects which make Python a critical language is that the language is interpreted. This means the code which is written for the language is not necessarily translated to the computer-format, which is quite common in the programming languages of today.
- The language is also known as the ‘Scripted Language.’ The reason behind this name is that it was meant for trivial use. However, recent studies suggest a 5.2% growth in the usage statistics of Python, which make it a very popular programming language.
But, How These Languages Differ From One Another?
Comparing Python And Golang: The Parameters
Here we are going to have a head-on comparison of these two programming languages to find out which one is best suited for web development projects.
But Why Are These Two Factors Important and What Is the Difference Between Them?
Let us have a detailed study of these two important aspects.
The term concurrency means that a particular app is making significant progress when it concurrently comes to multitasking.
Let us provide you with an example. Say a computer has just a single CPU, then the application might not be able to make some progress in different task. However, inside an app, there are various tasks which are being processed. In a way, the computer will not be able to finish a task properly before it starts with the new one.
On the other hand, Parallelism states that an application can split up the tasks to created smaller divisions for processing in a parallel format, which makes the job of completing the tasks a lot easier.
The bottom line here is that the Golang development services, as well as the Python services, are both compatible with their respective fields of interest. While one centers on concurrency, the other has the edge on parallelism.
Concluding Thoughts: Golang — The Clear Winner!
From the above-mentioned blog, it can be said without a doubt that both these programming languages have their pros and cons when it comes to choosing one. So, did you get the exact reason, which one to choose to level-up your business, because Go is safe to use when it comes to building reliable applications, on the other hand, Python is being employed in developing ERP tools to take care of everything from business management to data analytics.
We have Golang and Python developers to assist you with your personal preferences. Being an active member of both communities, we are always ready to serve you with your specific requirements! At Bacancy Technology, we have dedicated and skilled developers in both so; you can hire Golang developers or hire python developer from us upon your convenience and requirements.
Originally published at https://www.bacancytechnology.com on July 10, 2019.