Datch is an intelligent voice AI for industrial environments. Working with manufacturers, energy generation, utilities, and transportation, our interactive natural language engine harnesses verbal, conversational dialogue in order to enable frontline workers to capture knowledge as it’s generated, creating a rich informational data set for their organizations.
We’re looking for a proven sales professional with passion, tenacity, and experience closing enterprise deals with industrial companies.
About you (Your mindset / what you’re looking for)
- You’re a generalist — able to apply your knowledge broadly and into unfamiliar territory
- You’re a self-starter — can work on projects with ambiguous context
- You thrive in an ever-changing and fast-moving startup environment
- You’re excited to tackle hard and novel strategic problems
- You empower your team to succeed
- You’re a world-class communicator with strong closing abilities
About the role (What you’ll do)
As an early member of a growing commercial team, you will be working alongside our CEO to bring in new enterprise accounts and expand existing accounts across the mining and energy sectors in Australia/NZ. You will be expected to:
- Achieve & exceed quota targets by developing and executing a sales strategy for the mining, energy, and utility sectors.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Sales and Marketing team.
- Become a trusted account advisor by establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders, from middle management through to C-Level, based on knowledge of customer requirements and a commitment to drive business value.
- Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and channel partners to effectively build and prioritize the pipeline.
- Contribute to the development of our Sales Playbook.
- Support events and visit customers as required.
- Manage and run large, complex sales deals, and guide stakeholders through every aspect of the procurement process, from early contact through to close and adoption.
- Assist when needed with prospecting for new customers, development of product presentations, and proposals.
- Conduct informative platform demonstrations tailored to customers and prospects.
- Assist with the development of our ABM strategy, and contribute to its execution once in place.
- Work closely with Customer Success to develop upsell opportunities.
- Generalist — ability to apply your knowledge broadly in new environments
- Experience in selling to utilities or energy companies
- Experience in selling disruptive or unproven tech to enterprise accounts
- 4+ years of experience in sales of complex business software, to a combination of new and existing business accounts
- A track record (consistently achieving target objectives) of success with pipeline development and quota achievement of $1.5M+ (NZD) of ARR per year
- Ability to apply consultative and solution-based sales methodologies
- Demonstrated success with lengthy sales campaigns and an understanding of tactics to drive sales cycle reduction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and strategic thinker. Able to thrive in a fast-paced, often uncertain startup environment.
- Highly organized and data-driven
- Strong written and oral communication and collaboration skills, with fluent business-level English
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Ability to travel regularly within Aus/NZ and occasionally in the US
- An interest in the industrial world and an understanding of the applied use cases
- Experience with ABM strategies
- An interest in and understanding of ML / AI impacts on the business world
- An interest in and understanding of digital transformation
- Multilingual abilities (European languages a plus)
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand (with a valid working Visa, Residency, or Citizenship) to be successful in this application.
Email Mark at email@example.com with your CV and a brief cover letter. We’ll respond as soon as we can to follow up for more detail. Thanks!