I have one goal: to help make you more money and have a better life.
If you are reading this, I already like you. You are probably using Twitter and are familiar with Medium.com as well. Good stuff all around.
Maybe you are like me. Trying to build a great business and a great life. If so then I commend you. It’s hard as hell to create a great business from scratch.
If you have a minute or two I would love it if you read a bit of my story below and then see if there is anything I could do to help you out. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me on Twitter. I love connecting with people.
Please sign up for my private newsletter here
I’m Dave Craige, an entrepreneur from Colorado who is working to build my dream project called The Studio. Our flagship projects have been a fashion website that over 20 Million people have visited, two books, and a hand selected private entrepreneurship group whose member sites reach 110 million people a year.
A Few Things I Believe
- I believe that you should start with the end in mind. That is why this one little piece of paper has changed my life. And I think it can help change yours as well.
- I believe that there aren’t really any shortcuts. And that creating a business is more like The 400 Hour Workweek.
- I don’t it’s as easy as people think to start an online business. In fact, most people that I meet have trouble making even just $500 a month online.
- Downtime is essential. I try to take a Monk Day every wednesday .
- I don’t believe you need to sign up with Bluehost and spend $144
- I don’t think Thailand will make you happy.
- I think life is challenging and unpredictable. But such an amazing blessing.
My Entrepreneurship Story
I had just entered 8th grade and I decided to start a business. My first store was selling baseball cards and toys from a shelf I had setup in my basement. I would roll back the glass door and be open for business.
In 9th grade I built my first website and I was hired to build my first paid site the following year.
Fast forward 20 years or so and our flagship company is DenimBlog.com -a fashion website that has been visited by over 20 million people. DenimBlog has been an really incredible project. Over the past 10 years we have been intensely focused on building a real web business with actual traffic and revenue. We started with 2 people. Myself and my friend Rehan. And now we have grown that site and over 20,000,000 have visited. Its been an incredible experience to see the power of the web.
But we are just getting started. There is so much more to learn about how to reach people and how to produce great work. Our goal with The Studio is to create a place where we can experiment with new businesses and learn more about how to help people with marketing.
I have had a lot of a failures, and a few successes as well. I would like to share some of what I have learned with you and continue to learn and grow. Its interesting because if you think about it, even on the last day of our lives we will still probably make mistakes and learn something new. Life is definitely a journey and an adventure.
A Few Businessy Things I have Worked On
- Built a website that 20 million people visited
- Wrote a book about persistence
- then wrote another one about Denim in the same year
- Built up a mailing list of 73,543 people
- Grew a social media following of 17,452 followers
- Built one of the best private entrepreneurship groups on the web
Some Personal Projects and Blessings
- Flew around the world (twice)
- Visited 30 countries
- Worked for 6 months in India at a Microfinance Organization
- Worked for 6 months in Bolivia at an orphanage
- Worked in Haiti at hospital
- Started a small medical non-profit
- Spent 7 years learning how to speak fluent Spanish
A Book I Would Love For You To Read
Working online over the past 15 years has been an incredible experience. I have been able to connect with amazing people who have shared with me their stories of struggle and persistence. I have collected and distilled down many of these stories and ideas into a focused and easy to read book called Keep Cranking. I would love it if you got a chance to pick it up. It is avaliable on Amazon
I love to help entrepreneurs
I would genuinely like to offer you my assistance with your business and web projects. I would love to be able to take some of the experience that I have learned making over $625k from websites and apply it to help you be even more efficient and effective in the work that you are doing.
- Please check out all our services that we offer to help entrepreneurs grow
I love trying to help new entrepreneurs as well
- If you don’t have a site yet, I would love to help you get your first website off the ground. I recommend you start with Medium / Wordpress.com or Weebly
- I would love to increase the traffic to a website you already have. Please check out 9 Things We Learned From Our First 20 Million Customers
- I would love to talk to you about what you really focus on most in life. You can check out www.IdealDay.net for more inspiration
I would love to connect with you online
I enjoy connecting with people online. Its been such a positive experience for me over the past number of years. I have met so many incredibly smart people simply through the web. It’s awesome to see how many people are smarter and harder working that I am and to draw inspiration from them.
- Connect with me at Twitter.com/DaveCraige . This is my preferred way of meeting people. Feel free to send me a hello
- Or you can read my 210 answers on Quora. Including my most viewed question that over 45,000 people that have seen it. If You Could Only Use 5 Fonts What Would They Be
- Check out The Studio on Facebook. We do most of our company updates there
A bit more background on me
- Born: Charlottesville, VA
- Hometown: Denver Colorado
- Education: Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Interests: Life, Adventure, DirtBiking, WebDesign, Ukelele, Travel, Painting, Snowmobiling
- Speaking Engagements: I love speaking, and have given talks in front of groups as small as 2 and as large as 650 people. If you would like to have me speak at a conference, meeting or event, please drop me a line via twitter.