A new Kid on the block — doing the right thing
“Nothing makes you more successful than helping others become successful.”
One thing I learned over the last years is listening to my gut as well as questioning common practices if I feel they are throwing off my inner compass — that’s why I decided to not proceed with the pre-public sale which was supposed to take place tomorrow. I am choosing a different approach and want to explain why.
My values are accountability, honesty and openness and this is the reason why I am launching a decentralized network where each and everyone of us can contribute and protect our data. I must admit that I feel uncomfortable taking advantage of the current state of affairs in the Crypto and Blockchain industry.
- Define the vision, mission and values, fundraise, finalize the legal framework and regulation, hire a stellar core team besides my full time role as COO of CUBE over the last 7 month was tough. We are raising sincere interest from potential funders, communities, advisors and politicians and I need to dedicate 100% of my time. That why I quit CUBE today on May 31st and will solely focus on DBF.
- The current ecosystem is still not fully developed and finding the right partners is essential to build a global network. I won’t make decisions based on FOMO!! Due diligence is essential for the next 6 months to ensure our foundations are solid and that we select the right partners!
- Regulation in Germany is one of the most stringent in the world and I have made the conscious choice to operate here to stand apart from the industry’s questionable practices. We made it through the whole regulatory process and I want to further support the development of an entrepreneurial friendly framework to create a paradigm for other players who want to work in countries where regulation can be seen a bottleneck.
- I want to build a company that has purpose, solves a problem, is fun to use and will last. When going public with an ICO you have an obligation to deliver and we want to make that a reality.
So instead of selling tokens at the pre-sale to collect up to 5M euros, I am choosing a different approach. I will give away the 3.5 Billion DBF tokens free of charge to the community and bootstrap until the main public sale in October of this year.
In exchange, I ask of you to help me build a product that solves our most pressing business issues and that will lay the foundation for our groundbreaking reinvention of online interaction and collaboration.
We’ll introduce from next week challenges and rewards to incentivize the community to work together, thereby using a bottom up approach. Our Team will share our Customer Discovery process and proactively involve interested parties in Building our minimal marketable product.
How can you participate?
- Community challenges, surveys and interview
- A bounty and ambassador program
- launching an intimate series of small workshops with special guests, our 1st one is Brigitte Zypries, Germany former minister of economic affairs and minister of justice. You can apply here.
- and more
Lets shape the future together.