DDEX on Hydro — Upgrade FAQ
As a current DDEX user, what do I need to do to trade on the new DDEX?
For current DDEX users, the only thing you will need to do is to re-enable tokens.
Note — For our API traders, the API trading interface has changed. We’ve prepared full API upgrade documentation!
What are the important dates to know?
Here’s a quick snapshot of the timeline:
- Public Beta: DDEX 1.0 on Hydro opened to public 12/19/2018
- Mobile points to DDEX 1.0 on 12/19/2018
- DDEX.io will point to the new DDEX 1.0 on 12/26/2018
- The old version of DDEX will be taken offline at 11:59 PM PT 12/31/2018
As of 12:01 AM PT 1/1/2019, we’ll be officially migrated over!
How different is the new version?
Our experienced users should still feel right at home, though we’ve added a few new bells and whistles. Here are 5 major upgrades users will immediately notice:
- New “Market Order” option is now supported on selected markets
What else do I need to know?
- We will cancel all orders on the old version of DDEX on 12/31/2018 11:59 PM PT
- If you use the DDEX browser wallet, it will migrate over seamlessly. Regardless, as always, you should make sure you still have your wallet backed up!
- Since we are still a non-custodial exchange, your assets will flow seamlessly to the new version. Token enabling is really the only thing you’ll have to do.
What about mobile users?
The new version for iOS and Android will be launched shortly after the web version. All your wallets and such will stay the same, you’ll just need to re-enable tokens.
I have never used DDEX, can I try the new version?
Absolutely! This is a great time to start. We introduced a brand new user on-boarding process to make getting started as simple as possible.
How do I know that the new smart contract is safe?
The Hydro Protocol smart contract is completely open sourced and professionally audited.
SECBIT, one of the best Smart Contract Security Audit firms in Asia performed the audit report on Hydro Protocol and MultiSig Wallet.
You mentioned more features and stuff… Tell me more!
Here’s a larger list of features and improvements you’ll see in DDEX 1.0:
- Market Order Capability
- Improved fee structure: asymmetrical fee structure for maker and taker
- Market Maker Rebates
We offer up to 50% of the taker fee to rebate qualified makers. For maker rebate registration, please email email@example.com
4. Wallet Connect
5. USDⓈ - Stable Coin Trading Market
DDEX will add all Stable coin Quote Pairs into the USDⓈ Trading Market / Tab
Including: PAX, TUSD,USDC
7. Gas optimization - Lower transaction gas
8. Order Expiration option
9. EIP712 - readable signature format for improved security and usability
In general, the upgraded structure gives us a ton of room for more improvements in the future.