How Crytpo Anarchists See The Future of The Security Safeguarding Industry
B-Umbrella: Online Security Service Platform
Table of Contents
1. Mission & Structure
1.1 General Description
2. Specific Advantages & Capabilities
3. The Executors
3.2 Executor-related Features
3.3 Potential Executors
4. Exemplary Customer Cases
5. Token distribution
6. Road map
7. Team and Advisors
The global security market is destined to growth in response to the continuously increasing instability and uncertainty of the contemporary world. We just have to watch the daily news to realize that the terrorist acts and cyberattacks emerging any given day, unprecedented hybrid warfare (Syria, Ukraine), religious violence and nationalist hatred caused by enormous migration, a rash of street crime based on further polarization between the rich and poor, and the rising suicide rate related to people’s overstressing due to financial and social problems constitute only a few of numerous preconditions and reasons for why people need a new type of the affordable and easily accessible security service.
The ordinary security service providers are unable to guarantee the sufficient level of security for the vast majority of global population. Both the States’ security forces and private security companies constitute quite a narrow market segment incapable of covering everyone who seeks protection, and this is so for several reasons.
The State’s power structures (the police, armed forces, security intelligence) are aimed at protecting the State, not the people. Such forces are tightly coupled to the State authorities who can easily sacrifice any person in keeping the regime safe. The oppressive nature of all State’s power structures makes them the means of people’s coercion rather than protection. Whatever system of government (be it democracy, semi-democracy, anti-democracy etc) is guarded by the State’s power structures, their fascistic-in-itself behavior when the personal freedom is suffocated in favor of the Nation State legislation is clearly apparent. The very Nation State machinery is designed in such a manner that a victim is always a person regardless of the position s/he occupies in a particular society: soldiers, police officers, criminals, and protesters all are dying due to the fundamental conflict between the State’s interests and individual liberties.
The private security safeguarding companies seem to be the protectors of the people, not the regimes. However, far from all social strata can rely on the expensive services of the private security providers. In order to afford a service of an officially licensed private security company, a customer should possess quite a high level of wealth along with a particular, not the low social status. The public officials, rich business persons, celebrities, and the other VIPs are the regular clients of the private security companies as if they are the social segments most vulnerable to the threats of the contemporary world. At the same time, the migrants, refugees, unemployed persons, various minorities, retirees, ex-prisoners, and many other people whose social / wealth status is lower than average are left almost beyond the security industry.
Thus, a significant imbalance in a proportion between those who need the security service and those who can afford it is obvious.
In general, a structure of the security industry has not been changed for decades. The number of the security providers increasing in line with the global demographic growth can hardly be recognized as the qualitative shift in the development of the security industry. The recent technological development associated with the leap in computer and informational technologies improves the efficiency of the security techniques and methods on the level of every particular security provider. However, it relates neither to the organizational aspects of the security industry nor to the affordability of the security services for the majority of population.
We consider the B-Umbrella project as a new type of the security service providers capable of getting over many obsolete organizational patterns inherent in the traditional security industry. Striving to make the security services much more affordable for the vast variety of those who seek protection, we share the self-governance paradigm with such a socially progressive organization as Bitnation.
We believe that the wealthier, safer, and more sustainable social order is achievable with a combination of the distributed ledger technology (blockchain) and the decentralized worldview appreciating libertarian values over the Nation State’s interests.
1. Mission and Structure
1.1 General Description
The B-Umbrella project aims at creating a decentralized application which can provide users with a possibility to find and hire the security guards of various specializations far beyond the limits of the traditional State-owned and private security providers. Besides, the employment exchange-like feature of the B-Umbrella DApp will offer many extra job opportunities to those individuals, groups, and companies whose security skills and capabilities can be in demand on the market.
Since the registration as an executor on the B-Umbrella DApp does not require any mandatory licensing or official authorization, the vast variety of the security specialists all over the world can get a chance to be employed via B-Umbrella.
Military and police veterans, martial artists, white-hat hackers, wildlife guides and survivalists, psychics and mentalists, private investigators, lawyers, social activists, and many other non-trivial security specs will be able to find the job opportunities through B-Umbrella by publishing their informally created self-promotional resumes in the relevant section of the DApp.
Thus, everyone who is confident in his/her ability to deliver security services to the clients will be able to register at the executors’ section of the application to offer oneself as an executor. It is up to the clients to select the most appropriate candidate from the pool of the executors. The executors in their turn are responsible for the information indicated in their profiles. In each particular case, the clients can make their choice basing on the “skills — fee”, “experience — reputation”, or “availability — location” ratio of the executors as well as on any other relevant and important characteristics indicated in the executors’ profiles.
A special section of the B-Umbrella platform will be dedicated to the opinions of both clients and executors. Every registered user will be able to match the executors with rating stars. In addition, in order to express the satisfaction or dissatisfaction with regard to the executed services, leaving both positive and negative feedback about all registered users will be possible.
Thus, B-Umbrella imposes the responsibility for gaining the reputational ratings on the platform’s users. Under no circumstances the B-Umbrella admins will interfere the users’ interactions to lose the neutrality. We propagate and appreciate the self-governance principles inherent in the crypto anarchy.
Besides, any significant action performed on the B-Umbrella platform will require a definite amount of tokens to spend (similarly to the “gas” of Ethereum). Even if such expenditures are calculated in micro amounts, the very fact of spending of tokens will most likely deter unfounded allegations and biased opinions. In addition, expressing a negative opinion will cost significantly more tokens than the praising that therefore will make users think twice before leaving any negative feedback.
In other words,
the B-Umbrella application offers an online platform where clients and security specialists can find each other in order to sign security agreements without having to correspond to any third-party authorization and without involving any intermediaries. Both the functionality of the app and the relations between the clients and executors are to be built upon concepts of the self-governance and genuine freedom of choice.
The services available on the platform will cover the following types of the security: guard dog services, property protection services (including armored cars, security systems), body guard services, parking security services, security patrol services, personal protection services (except security systems services), cybersecurity services (including information security and protection from wiretapping), protection of industrial, commercial, and infrastructure facilities, security checks, crowd management (event security) etc.
Besides, B-Umbrella will offer some unique opportunities and features going far beyond the conventional security services (more on that later).
The application will provide the peer-to-peer cashless transactions empowered by the pre-designed smart contracts identifying the relations between clients and executors as well as the terms and conditions basing on which the security agreements are considered satisfactorily completed.
The application architecture will be built as a combination of two technological stacks including a) a decentralized blockchain layer for everything related to the users’ interactions, payments, and personal data and b) a semi-centralized cloud-based layer for the functions and features invulnerable to the data leakage threats.
The universal BUNT tokens (ERC20 standard) issued during the token distribution period are aimed at executing the subscription & membership function providing users with the full access to the entire functionality of the B-Umbrella platform. The whole structure of the B-Umbrella platform will be divided into two sections:
1) a free general one accessible for everyone via a mobile app or a web browser and
2) a paid professional section accessible for those users who have tokens on their personal B-Umbrella accounts.
For instance, placing a sign for a job (a request for a particular security spec) will cost a client some definite amount of tokens while the registration (sign-in), making a personal account, and lurking through the clients and executors boards will be free. It will be made in order to mitigate any probable scam and spam activity. Besides, the paid section will be working under a blockchain layer providing the security and anonymity mandatory for the p2p deals. The only difference in accessing various paid services will be in the number of tokens necessary to enter and use a particular service.
The BUNT tokens will be issued during the token distribution period (more on that later) in the total amount of 1 500 000 000 BUNT in order to provide funding of the B-Umbrella platform’s development as well as to reserve tokens for the early adopters of B-Umbrella who can eventually use them to enter the entire functionality of the platform at the initial price.
In addition, a special reserve fund of tokens will be created and locked until the main version of B-Umbrella is put into full operation. The fund will be coupled with an embedded purchase/exchange service where every user will be able to buy or exchange tokens over time at the average market price available at that moment. Besides, each user will get a new crypto wallet automatically created at the stage of registration. The balance of each new wallet will not be zero but equal to the minimum amount of tokens necessary to perform some elementary actions on the paid section of the B-Umbrella app (to place a request for a security spec, for example).
Insofar as the number of B-Umbrella users is not limited, the emission of BUNT tokens should not be limited respectively. However, the unlimited emission of tokens will most likely affect their value in the course of time. Therefore, the reserve fund of tokens for further dispense through the purchase/exchange section of the platform will contain the limited but sufficient amount of tokens for at least a year-long period of operation of the service. Besides, the algorithm of spending tokens within the platform’s services will imply a circulation of a particular amount of BUNT.
Thus, the entire ecosystem of the B-Umbrella project will include a) the users (both the clients and executors) having and using the BUNT tokens, b) the visitors of the online platform who have no tokens to spend but who can sign-in becoming the users, and c) the decentralized cross-platform application built upon the double-layer hybrid stack where:
1. the blockchain-based layer will provide the client-executor interactions within a scope of the features requiring tokens for their operation. The features will include:
- the embedded crypto wallets coupled with every registered user’s account that will contain an initial amount of tokens necessary to perform some elementary actions on the platform. Every wallet can be charged with tokens from the purchase/exchange section of the application where tokens of the reserve fund will be accessible as well as with tokens from the outside wallets of the users who purchased BUNT during the token distribution period;
- the purchase/exchange section will be integrated with several reliable crypto exchanges in order to offer acceptable cryptocurrencies (Ether, Bitcoin, etc.) to the B-Umbrella users in exchange for BUNT tokens at the most gainful current rates. Thus, the clients will be able to pay tokens to the executors for the executed services within the platform while the executors will be able to exchange the earned tokens for different cryptocurrencies on the spot. Besides the purchase/exchange section will be coupled to the reserve fund which is to be created during the token distribution period. The fund will contain 34% of all created tokens dedicated to further distribution via both the purchase/exchange section and the in- profile wallets of the users. The token circulation algorithm will be designed in such a manner that it will be impossible to withdraw tokens from the in-profile wallets for using them outside the platform. Besides, in order to fill in the new users’ wallets with sufficient amount of tokens as well as to provide the uninterrupted work of the platform, all tokens collected from the users for their operations within the paid services will be redirected back to the reserve fund;
- the feedback/reputation section where both the clients and executors will be able to leave comments regarding the actually executed services as well as to match users with reputational stars. The architecture of this section will be designed in such a manner that leaving feedback or matching with rep. stars will be possible only for those client-executor pairs who have common deals (safeguarding agreements) signed and executed via the B- Umbrella platform. Any user having no actual deals with a particular executor will not be able to leave feedback regarding the executor. Besides, a negative feedback along with the reputational anti-stars (expressing dissatisfaction and lowering down the reputation rating of users) will cost much more tokens than praising. Thus, even though such expenditures are calculated in micro amounts, the very fact of spending of tokens will most likely deter unfounded allegations and biased opinions.
- the deal/agreement section will provide users with a set of pre-designed agreements (contracts) in the form of templates where users will be able to indicate various optional parameters determining terms and conditions of their deals. The templates will be designed to cover the broadest possible array of tasks and assignments associated with different security services. Choosing one or another template for signing an agreement, both a client and an executor will come to a consensus regarding the conditions at which the service is recognized satisfactory completed. The templates will be designed as ordinary plain documents to facilitate signing agreements without having to be the programming-savvy users. Different templates will require different amount of tokens depending on the complexity of each particular agreement to be signed. When a template is filled in with all necessary options by both a client and an executor, a special platform-based algorithm will automatically convert the template into a smart contract to be executed in a distributed ledger.
- the assignment/bidding section will provide users with opportunities to place job requests to find and hire security specs (for the clients) as well as to bid the available assignments (for the executors). The section will be accessible for checking free of charge while the participation in signing/bidding will require tokens.
2. the semi-centralized (non-blockchain) cloud-based layer will provide functionality which does not require tokens to spend along with the content invulnerable to the leakage of personal data including:
- the public free UI along with the “user guide” and customer support chatbots;
- the chat room for both the actual users and the unregistered visitors;
- the sign-in form for registration;
- the lists of clients and executors along with their publicly accessible self-promoting profiles and assignments;
- the news and push notifications section;
Thus, all parts of the entire ecosystem of the B-Umbrella project are interlinked by the functional BUNT tokens providing the users and the platform with the reliable and efficient means of interaction.
2. Specific Advantages & Capabilities
In contrast to the ordinary security providers, the B-Umbrella platform will offer the clients considerably new opportunities and advantages such as:
- The full anonymity when the safeguarding agreements are signed within the blockchain between two parties in a trustless mode without any third party involvement.
- The smart contract technology will provide execution of the safeguard agreements automatically on achieving specific conditions predefined by the code of the corresponding smart contracts.
- The geographical irrelevance when both the clients and executors can make agreements with no regard to their spatial or official jurisdictions.
- The guaranteed security of invoicing and rewarding when all the transactions are executed in the blockchain.
- The self-governance and personal responsibility when security services are provided with no regard to any compulsory licensing, certification, and governmental authorization inherent in the conventional security service environment.
- The anonymous security service (proxy security) provided by a client for the third parties (children, parents, and relatives — any kind of loved ones) without their awareness about the safeguarding service applied to them.
- The “charity” security service when a group of clients donates a special wallet which rewards safeguarding on the crowd-funding basis. It can be applied when the anonymous security is required for some objects or people that cannot be protected with the ordinary methods due to financial, social, or legal constraints (regularly defaced monuments and cemeteries or abused migrants and minorities, for example).
- The hyper low-cost safeguarding solutions when private persons offer babysitting-like hourly paid security services for tiny rewards unacceptable for the professional security providers.
- The survival services in the wilderness when ordinary tourists (hunters, fishers) are protected by well-trained guides during their tours to the hard-to-get-to remote locations. The similar service also can include visiting various high-risk or criminalized places and districts in megalopolises where escorting by a local resident is necessary.
- The barter-like security agreements when two persons can make a mutually beneficial deal based on their skills. Hence, a cybersecurity specialist can be rewarded by hairdressing or dental services of his/her client, for example.
- The atypical security services related to religious, mystic, psychological, superstitious, and any other exotic concerns of clients. A security agreement for protection against vampires (or aliens) is to be possible there.
- The discreet protection and covert security in the form of escorting by the average-looking guards (a lady-bodyguard accompanying a businessman to a restaurant for negotiations under the guise of his girlfriend, for example).
- The group security services (crowd management) when a pool of guards is gathered via the app to provide protection of various one-time events (parties, celebrations, meetings, exhibitions, concerts etc).
- The security courier services when transportation and delivery of some valuable assets are executed without ordering an ordinary armored car provider.
- The chain-type security services when a client can hire various guards from different places to provide security on his/her way through several remote locations (cities, countries, etc) where the guards can pass the “baton of protection” from one to another as the client moves.
- Any other type of security service that can be offered by the executors or demanded by the clients.
3. The Executors
As it was mentioned above, everyone will be able to create a profile on the B-Umbrella platform selecting a relevant security specialization. The only formal procedure necessary to enter the service is the online registration. A potential executor will need to fill in a profile data including an avatar, a nickname and an informal description of skills and services s/he can offer. Besides, the interface of the app will propose selecting an appropriate type of available security services by adding to a profile the specific icons identifying the types of services and skills of an executor (possession of weapons, martial arts knowledge, remote service opportunities etc).
In addition, the candidates to the executors will have to buy some amount of BUNT tokens to be able to use all available B-Umbrella’s services. In case they purchased BUNT during the token distribution period, their in-profile wallets can be charged with tokens directly from their own private outside wallets. The rest functionality of the executors’ section of the app is to be similar to other various online freelance employment exchanges. The executors will be able to gather in groups (pools) basing on their interests, skills, locations etc. There will be a ranking system based on the clients’ feedback where the executors can be classified with reputational stars. In addition, a special messenger-like section will provide the executors with an ability to share their experience with their colleagues in two chat rooms — the “Walk of Fame” (for positive feedback) and the “Whipping Post” (for something negative). The clients will have a similar section too.
There will be two different types of the executor profiles on the platform — a personal profile and a group (enterprise) profile. The latter will be dedicated to the officially registered companies (security service providers, agencies etc). The registration procedure for such type of the profile will be more complicated and expensive with regard to the amount of tokens to be spent.
3.2 Executor-related Features
- the full confidentiality of deals based on the peer-to-peer relations with clients where no one of the B-Umbrella’s staff will be able to interfere the details of the security agreements. The smart contract templates used for signing the security agreements will automatically withdraw only the amount of tokens predefined as a service fee of every type of the contracts and only at the moment of the contracts’ execution. Thus, B-Umbrella will be able neither to dictate the pricing nor to get more tokens than a particular contract costs.
- the absence of any compulsory licensing or certification of the executors as well as of the age, gender, nationality, experience, and any other possible restrictions.
- the part-time work opportunities when the executors can deliver their security service to several clients simultaneously as well as reconciling their possible official positions with the secondary job for the B-Umbrella clients.
- the anonymity provided by both the B-Umbrella code of conduct and the very nature of the blockchain-based p2p workflow.
- the self-promotional opportunities provided by the informal structure of the executors’ profiles where everyone can indicate everything worth mentioning with regard to the business.
- the opportunities to offer some atypical and even weird services that can hardly relate to the conventional security service providers but that nevertheless can be in demand among some specific client audience.
- the special “veterans’ fund” in the form of a token wallet which can be voluntarily donated by both the executors and the clients in order to compensate medical or any other expenses of the security guards who appeared in a precarious financial position due to trauma and injuries resulting from the service-related activities.
- the absence of any obligations against the B-Umbrella platform when executors can leave the service whenever they wish.
3.3 Potential Executors
- military veterans and retired personnel who face problems with official employment due to various reasons;
- former and actual athletes looking for extra earnings;
- unemployed bodyguards having no official opportunities to be employed by the conventional security service providers;
- white-hat hackers capable of delivering cybersecurity services on a private basis;
- martial artists and coaches looking for extra earnings apart from their training jobs;
- former inmates having difficulties in finding their way in society;
- taxi and truck drivers capable of providing confidential courier and delivery services of various valuable assets;
- guides and survivalists capable of arranging safety visiting of various dangerous locations;
- well-trained and able-bodied students looking for some side business in their spare time;
- spiritualists, healers, and psychics whose extrasensory capabilities can deliver some atypical security services to those clients who feel vulnerable to the forces of evil from the beyond;
- officially employed bodyguards whose work schedule allows them to have a secondary job;
- everyone throughout the world who is confident in his/her ability to deliver a particular security service.
4. Exemplary customer cases
Everyone who need protection and security will be able to use the service. Often people cannot afford the officially registered security providers due to some financial or legal constrains. Besides, the ordinary security providers offer quite a limited scope of services for which they have some appropriate licensing. For instance, a business person whose relations with partners or customers are sensitive to the security concerns would be able to find and hire a freelance safeguard via B-Umbrella to keep the security agreement in secret. Paying tokens or cryptocurrencies for the service s/he could prevent the details of the security agreement along with the very fact of the deal against disclosing
We believe that the advantages and features described above will draw attention of potential clients to the application. Nonetheless, some imaginary illustrative cases can help to better comprehend the unique opportunities and solutions provided by B-Umbrella.
- business persons who operate within highly corrupted environments where appealing to official security service providers may likely entail persecution by governmental and criminal organizations practicing racketeering activities (former USSR countries, for instance);
- individuals whose business, political, or social reputation may be negatively affected when their contracting with security guards is widely publicized (discreet protection);
- people who need protection and security services for one-time situations (events, tourist and business trips, negotiations etc);
- people and organizations who suffer from cyberattacks having no sufficient financial resources to contract official cybersecurity specialists or being distrustful to their professional capabilities;
- people who want to arrange bodyguard service for their children, parents, relatives, friends, partners etc, on a confidential basis in order to keep their loved ones unaware about the service due to psychological, social, ethical, or any other possible reasons;
- individuals, groups, and communities seeking for security services while their official status (migrants, refugees, national or sexual minorities etc) does not allow them to be officially protected;
- people who need to visit some high-risk areas or criminalized districts where escorting by a local guide is necessary;
- people who need security service rewarded through the mutual exchange of another service (cybersecurity — hairdressing, security courier delivery — dental service, etc);
- individuals who believe in danger and threats rooting somewhere beyond the conventional physical reality (vampires, aliens, evil spirits, ghosts etc) and thus being unable to ask for protection from the ordinary security service providers;
- individuals, groups, and communities who seek remote protection for people or objects locating in distant areas (memorials, cemeteries, cultural or business facilities, etc);
- everyone who feels vulnerable to the actual or imaginary threats without intend to publicly disclose any fear and vulnerabilities, however.
5. Token Distribution
The BUNT (B-Umbrella tokens) offer the subscription and membership functions enabling users to make safety agreements, pay for services, and execute any transactions necessary to interact within the B-Umbrella platform architecture. Despite the number and variety of services available on the platform, the only universal BUNT tokens are needed to be able to use the full functionality of B-Umbrella. The BUNT will be the Ethereum-based ERC20 standard-complying tokens.
The BUNT tokens do not guarantee users any type of profits being neither securities nor property shares. They will provide fuel for running the B-Umbrella platform protecting it against the unauthorized access and spam.
The more users (both the clients and the executors) enter the B-Umbrella ecosystem, the more tokens are required to pay fees for using B-Umbrella services. Thus, the growing number of users will gradually rise the tokens’ value up making the network effect apparent.
The total amount of B-Umbrella tokens to be created is 1 500 000 000 BUNT that is equal to 7500 BTC (however, just ETH is the acceptable currency during the token sale). It means that the rate of the B-Umbrella tokens is 200 000 BUNT for 1 BTC. The total amount of BUNT will be distributed in the following proportion:
Thus, the total amount of tokens for the distribution period is 600 000 000 BUNT (3 000 BTC), that is the hard cap to be desirably reached during the 360-days token distribution period. The minimum possible amount (MPA) to be reached is 20 000 000 BUNT (100 BTC). It means that the first stage of the B-Umbrella platform’s development (MVP or an alpha version) will start when the MPA is reached.
We established such a long period of our token sale in order to demonstrate what a huge faith we invest in our project. Since each member of the B-Umbrella’s team is a volunteer, we are building our project on a pro bono basis. Besides, we clearly realize that B-Umbrella is too non-conforming, standing beyond the frame of both the ordinary startups and crypto initiatives. That’s why we can hardly count on a rapid token sale. Nevertheless, we hope on the growing number of our sympathizers who share our values and appreciate our transparency.
After the successful token distribution, the B-Umbrella project will be relocated to Estonia via the Estonian e-Residence system. Now the project is developed by the team of Flix s.r.o. Company officially registered in Prague (Czech Republic).
6. Road Map
Our road map is depicted by the infographics available at our website
7. Team and Advisors
The core of our team consists of three crypto enthusiasts who are not satisfied by how the contemporary security industry works. We developed the B-Umbrella project from scratch — any similar one was available to compare. After several months of brainstorming we have crystalized the exhaustive model of the DApp.
Now, we are polishing various aspects of our project with regard to the social, technical, and even political capabilities of B-Umbrella. We work as a group of volunteers since the present stage of our project does not imply any profit. Even though we follow the principle of equity, one of us — Oleg has certain supremacy in the sense of bigger responsibility.
Oleg Mykhailyshyn — the co-founder of B-Umbrella, crypto miner since 2011, talented C, C#, and PHP developer, blockchain fanatic, crypto anarchist, professional microcontroller programmer, DS SolidWorks virtuoso, pipe smoker
Nicholas Semenov — the web designer at B-Umbrella, Corel Draw and Photoshop virtuoso, professional web designer, geek and gamer, cycling fan, crypto anarchist, blockchain fanatic, pipe smoker
Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof — the Official Advisor of B-Umbrella. Founder and Chief Unicorn of Bitnation, world-famous advocate of the blockchain-based Decentralization, inventor of the Governance 2.0 paradigm, popular international public figure, creator of the future borderless societies, beautiful lady.
Vitaliy Domanytskyy — the low advisor of B-Umbrella, a managing partner of “Euro Management Consulting LLC”, legal expert of the Center for legal aid on intellectual property rights protection, crypto enthusiast.