Hack.Summit(“Blockchain”) Contest Spotlight: MakerDAO
MakerDAO is a decentralized organization dedicated to bringing stability to the crypto economy through Dai, the world’s first stablecoin on the Ethereum blockchain. Dai is an asset-backed hard currency that addresses the crypto economy’s problems of volatility with a secure and transparent smart contract platform of permission-less loans.
Check out the full challenge description here (create an account in Deconet to view it). Additional resources and judging criteria are also provided.
MakerDAO is offering three challenges:
#1 Cross Platform Tray Application for CDP Monitoring
Create a cross platform (osx/linux/win) tray application that is capable of displaying the current health of a specific CDP. The tool should use the MakerDAO Query API as a data source if possible.
#2 Really Decentralize Things
Package up the CDP dashboard or the Oasisdex trading interface into an Electron/Muon wrapper. Must have embedded MetaMask integration and support local parity nodes. Should have no dependencies on the existing web interfaces; contract interaction and local rendering only.
#3 Mobile upgrade for youvegoteth.github.io
The challenge here is to be able to send people links to youvegoteth.github.io so users can email Dai through their phones.
- 2500 DAI: Cross Platform Tray Application for CDP Monitoring Winner
- 500 DAI: Cross Platform Tray Application for CDP Monitoring Runner Up
- 1000 DAI: Really Decentralize Things
- 300 DAI: Really Decentralize Things Runner Up
- 500 DAI: Mobile upgrade for youvegoteth.github.io
- 150 DAI: Mobile upgrade for youvegoteth.github.io Runner Up
Stay in the loop:
- Sign up for the hackathon here: https://hacksummit.org/hackathon
- Introduce yourself and find teammates on the hack.summit Slack channel.