Study Guide for Microsoft Azure Certification AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions
Note: Looking for az:400 training? https://www.linkedin.com/posts/shivam-sharma-9828a536_azuredevops-techscalable-azure-activity-6649268010819383296-yRUk
- Now one lab (with 10 sub task) is also coming: Do the hands-on from links below
Microsoft recently released a certification examination named AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions it is needed to get a certification called Azure DevOps Engineer Expert.
*All images are from microsoft.com
“Candidates for this exam are DevOps professionals who combine people, process, and technologies to continuously deliver valuable products and services that meet end user needs and business objectives.
DevOps professionals streamline delivery by optimizing practices, improving communications and collaboration, and creating automation. They design and implement strategies for application code and infrastructure that allow for continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, and continuous monitoring and feedback.”- Microsoft
Azure DevOps Engineer Expert Certification
To get Azure DevOps expert certification you need to pass two certifications AZ-400 + AZ-103 (Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate) or AZ-203 (Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate).
AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions
In this article, we are covering areas needed to get AZ-400 certification.
You are required to answer 44 questions in 150 minutes, extra time will be given to read pre-exam instructions as well. Passing criteria is to get 700/1000. There were no labs.
Type of questions
Below are the type of questions that you can expect
- Single choice based on a scenario: These questions cannot be skipped nor can you go back afterward to them to recorrect (got such 3)
- Single choice questions
- Multiple choice questions
- Arrange in right sequence type questions
- Case studies with multiple questions.
In my certification, two case studies came one at the starting one at the end, in between were single, multiple choice and another type of questions.
- Contoso Case Study: There were seven deployment scenarios described in the case study followed by questions. These scenarios were in a table, you might have to go back and forth through this table to answer the following questions.
- Liteware Case Study: Scenario described the company to be having 70 branches and due to which they are facing many problems. Following questions were on how to solve the problems.
- Questions were on CI/CD for .NET, Node.js and Java applications. You need to understand Azure DevOps concepts for different languages.
Here is a comprehensive list of study material covering AZ-100 scope & questions, you can thank me later.
*All links are either from Microsoft or publically available blogs that I am just listing here …credit goes to authors
Recommended: Do all hands on labs here ... it's free
https://www.azuredevopslabs.com/ AZ-400 broader scope
1) Design a DevOps strategy
2) Implement DevOps development processes
3) Implement continuous integration
4) Implement continuous delivery
5) Implement dependency management
6) Implement application infrastructure
7) Implement continuous feedbackDetails: DevOps tools overview for Azure DevOpshttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/user-guide/devops-alm-overview?view=azure-devopshttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/learn/devops-at-microsoft/Source control https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/user-guide/source-control?view=azure-devopsType of source control https://blog.eduonix.com/software-development/learn-three-types-version-control-systems/Migration from TFVC to Git (sequence and concept)
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/repos/git/import-from-tfvc?view=azure-devopsGit Feature Branch Workflow
https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/feature-branch-workflowGit branching strategy
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/repos/git/git-branching-guidance?view=azure-devopshttps://vfsforgit.org/Scaling git for enterprise devops
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/get-started/what-is-azure-pipelines?view=azure-devopsAzure Pipelines agents
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/repos/get-started/what-is-repos?view=azure-devopsConfiguring a CD pipeline for your Jenkins CI
https://azuredevopslabs.com/labs/vstsextend/jenkins/Build, test, and push Docker container appshttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/languages/docker?view=azure-devopshttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/yaml-schema?view=azure-devops&tabs=schemaRelease Flow
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/learn/devops-at-microsoft/release-flowData protection overview
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/security/data-protection?view=azure-devopsPermissions and groups in Azure DevOps
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/security/permissions?view=azure-devopsUsing Code Analysis with Visual Studio 2019 to Improve Code Quality
https://azuredevopslabs.com/labs/devopsserver/codeanalysis/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/process/container-phases?view=azure-devops&tabs=yamlhttps://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/services/devops/artifacts/ (read from here)https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/release/deployment-groups/?view=azure-devopshttps://www.azuredevopslabs.com/labs/devopsserver/releasemanagement/https://azuredevopslabs.com/labs/vsts/azurecdhttps://www.codemag.com/article/1901041/A-Professional-Grade-Configuration-for-Azure-DevOps-Services-Beyond-the-QuickstartsDevOps Checklisthttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/checklist/dev-opsAzure automation with DSC
http://www.miru.ch/using-azure-devops-pipelines-with-azure-automation/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/source-control-integrationhttps://microsoft.github.io/PartsUnlimited/iac/200.2x-IaCLabsM02DSC.htmlgo through 3rd party tools that can be used along with Azure devops, landing page here
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/products/devops-tool-integrations/https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/user-guide/tools?view=azure-devopshttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/projects/about-projects?view=azure-devopsMultiple questions from below topics will be there https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/release/approvals/?view=azure-devopshttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/release/approvals/approvals?view=azure-devops
If you need further help or have a question then write in the comments below or find me on LinkedIn.
Also, if you have already taken the certification then let me know about any changes in questions or patterns, I will update the article … Thanks!!
If you have any comment or question, then do write them below.
To see a similar post, follow me on Medium & LinkedIn.
If you enjoyed then Clap it! Share it!! Thanks!!!