Research Engineer Internship
Paris, France — Full time
Note: Hirings for this internship are now closed but we will re-open positions around June 2017. However, we are always looking for talents and good fits for the team. So if you are interested please still send us a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reach you back when time is right.
You are passionate, autonomous, you dream about data and are fascinated by the recent breakthrough in artificial intelligence technologies ? Keep reading.
What do we do at Deepomatic ?
At Deepomatic, our mission is to help businesses solve complex image-related problems by building end-to-end computer vision systems. Deepomatic delivers a complete set of inter-connected services ranging from human annotation, model training to deployment, that together form a powerful, scalable and flexible computer vision programming platform.
Our clients include top global companies and research labs: Airbus Defense, Generali, Galeries Lafayette, Compass Group, Berkeley University and more. The range of problems we’re tackling spans from e-commerce to defense & security.
By fully addressing our customers’ problems while relentlessly improving our platform, we get the opportunity to impact businesses on an ever larger scale. Deepomatic aims at becoming the backbone of business grade image recognition.
Some of the things you will directly contribute to:
- Solving ambitious and exciting computer vision problems.
- Researching, defining and implementing new features in our platform.
- Improving our infrastructure and making it scale.
Why join us?
- Talent and passion are some of the requirements to join our team. Your internship will be an opportunity to learn from the best engineers and scientists working in the field.
- You will have a high and direct impact on strategic and product decisions, in a fast-paced environment.
- The technology we are building is novel and will have an important impact on the world. Many industries in the world are being disrupted by image recognition.
- We aim to build a world-class image recognition software. Given the particularly broad scope of the challenges you will face, your engineering and research skills will be challenged. We all learn a lot.
- We are based in Paris, a electric and eclectic city.
The team is waiting for you to keep up with our fast-growing number of clients. Our technology is based on Deep Learning, Python, C++, Caffe, Tensorflow, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, gRPC and AWS.
What you will need to be successful:
- 2–3 years of experience in development in C++ and Python.
- 1–2 years of experience with Deep Learning and Machine Learning.
- The willingness to build massive, solid and reliable tools that scale;
- Excellent problem-solving attitude: technical challenge is our daily routine;
- Enjoy working as a team-player, eagerness to improve your skills on various software architecture, learn from others and share your knowledge;
- Fun team spirit;
- Fluent in English.
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: From February to April 2017
- Duration: 6 month
- Location: Paris
- Compensation: 1000€/month (net salary) + bonus
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact;
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment;
- Access to technical conferences all over the world;
- Team Hackathons, Coding Nights;
- An inspiring working environment including (yoga session, foosball), check this out: https://www.instagram.com/Deepomatic/;
- Thursday drinks for the demo session;
- Bi-Annual DeepoSeminars which takes us all for an unforgettable week-end (or more !);
- Weekly DeepoTalks to learn from each other;
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please send your CV (in English and PDF format) to email@example.com. All your information will be kept confidential.
If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will organize a 30 min call, followed by an offline (at home) technical test. If successful, we will finish with two in-house interview sessions.