DeGate Ecosystem Update
Welcome to DeGate May 2022 Ecosystem Update!
DeGate is Limit Orders, Decentralized on Ethereum. DeGate protocol allows you to do spot limit order trading with all the benefits of trading on a DEX. Zero-Knowledge rollups and Efficient Gas Saving Technology make trading on the DeGate DEX protocol high-speed and efficient.
DeGate’s unique grid trading feature lets traders provide liquidity for a token pair in a decentralized manner at low fees on Ethereum. DeGate DEX protocol also provides permissionless token listing, which means anyone can list a token by adding the smart contract address.
DeGate is built on principles of permissionless, trustlessness and decentralization. DeGate is launching on the Ethereum mainnet first and aligns with the values of Ethereum while remaining chain agnostic.
DeGate Testnet is LIVE! Access HERE
DeGate is excited about the Mainnet launch, which is expected this SUMMER!
Stay TUNED, get involved, and contribute:
Product & Tech Update
DeGate has been running in a Testnet mode on Ethereum Rinkeby Network and is preparing for the Mainnet beta launch.
Throughout the month of May, the focus was on designing the mobile version of DeGate DEX trading user interface. In addition, the following features were improved on DeGate DEX protocol:
- Creating a better user experience
- Enhancing the experience in placing limit and market orders, as well as grid trading function
- The grid trading strategy can be now accessed from the top navigation button
- Functionality was added to replicate a completed grid trading strategy
- The pair and token search algorithm was improved
- Adding pair parameters into the URL now allows sharing the trading pair with the others
- Price protection of market order functionality was added — a user is informed if a larger market order influences slippage over 10%
- Price deviation of limit order functionality was added — a user is informed if an order is placed with a price that is lower or higher than 10% of the current price
- The wording was improved to make their meanings clearer. For example, ‘Export trading key’ has been renamed to ‘View trading key’
- An information page showing major statistics, trends and top pairs has been added
- A new font was applied across the app for a cleaner aesthetic
While getting ready to launch the Mainnet Beta version on the Ethereum Mainnet, DeGate’s product documentation preparation is in the final stages. API SDK documentation has also been completed and is readying for private testing.
Check out the uptime page that was launched for testnet. https://status.degate.com/
DeGate is a protocol built on Zero-Knowledge technology. Before the Mainnet launch, we are planning a zkSNARK Trusted Setup Multi-Party Computation Ceremony. Essentially, this Trust Ceremony ensures the integrity and trustlessness of the protocol.
The research team at DeGate has been following closely the EIP4844 proposal by the Ethereum community, as it holds the potential to lower gas costs for DeGate operation by approximately one order of magnitude. We understand that this upcoming benefit could change DeGate’s strategies and positioning entirely in a positive way.
Competitions and Giveaways
Last month, DeGate ran a quiz about DeGate testnet on DeGate Discord channel. The quiz attracted close to 80 participants, out of which 3 winners won 500 $DG tokens each.
JOIN DeGate Discord channel to hear about the latest competitions and giveaways.
DeGate takes product-market fit very seriously and aims to deliver the most efficient and user-friendly DEX trading protocol.
We are conducting user interviews in order to get feedback about DeGate testnet experience. Do you have any feedback to share? Go to testnet.degate.com Top Right corner for ‘Feedback’ button.
DeGate evangelists were proud to attend the Permissionless 2022 conference in Palm Beach and introduce the technology of DeGate decentralized trading protocol to the community. Permissionless was the brainchild of Bankless and was organised together with Blockworks as one of the biggest crypto cultural events of the year.
Although the overall market trends are bearish, coupled with the UST and Luna collapse, the general sentiment at Permissionless was positive and energetic, and we were glad to be part of this excitement in building the future of Web3.
DeGate Lead Evangelist Alvin Lee gave a speech at the Permissionless conference, about the Sovereign Individual and the Rise of Crypto Natives.
SUBSCRIBE to DeGate YouTube channel to watch the video when it is Live.
Read more about DeGate participation at Permissionless on DeGate Medium.
During the Permissionless conference, we filmed a series of L2Show episodes to hear the views about Layer 2 from industry leaders. Watch the episodes on DeGate YouTube channel:
- David Hoffman, the Bankless- Layer 2s present plenty of opportunities
- Why we are bullish on Ethereum with James Wang
- Ethereum, Layer 2 and adoption with Alexandre Lores, the Latest Block
- Arbitrum is moving full speed with Harry Kalodner, CTO and Co-Founder of Arbitrum
DeGate is looking for Contributors!
DeGate is looking for talented contributors.
Apply or refer fantastic candidates as contributors to our project!
We have launched 2 Bounty Programs to reward public referrals as well as Recruitment Agencies / Headhunters who can recommend suitable candidates to us. It’s simple, refer or introduce candidates to us and get paid up to USD 10K!
For more info, visit:
We are looking for the following positions:
- Blockchain Application Engineer
- Blockchain Front-End Engineer
- Community Marketing Specialist
- Blockchain Technical Writer
- Blockchain DevOps Engineer
- QA Engineer
- User Experience Designer
- Senior Designer
You can also regularly check out this link for the most updated list of available positions!
DeGate is Limit Orders, Decentralized on Ethereum. DeGate provides possibilities to trade the spot market with Limit Orders with the benefits of trading on a DEX.
DeGate is a Decentralized Exchange protocol built on zero-knowledge technology. It fills a key gap in the market by providing spot order book trading and grid trading within the Ethereum ecosystem, offering an experience similar to centralized exchanges.
Besides being user friendly, DeGate is built on the principle of Trustlessness, or “Can’t do evil”, with no admin key.
You can expect super-low gas fees that are the result of DeGate’s special Efficient Gas Saving technology. This innovation ensures significant gas savings while maintaining a decentralized protocol.
DeGate also enables permissionless listing, meaning that any tokens can be listed in a permissionless manner through an open listing mechanism. Expect DeGate Mainnet on Ethereum later this year.
We can’t wait to show you all that we’re building, with more to come. See the DeGate orderbook demo HERE.