We’re very pleased to announce the release of Falcon v1.0-rc3. Multiple new features and many fixes and improvements were included. We are also fully compatible with Magento 2.3.1 and encourage every Magento 2 user to update as soon as possible, as it fixes critical security issues. Let us know if you need any help!
What’s in this release?
- Introduced new Payment Gateway integrations:
- Adyen (Credit card) is now available
- PayPal (Express) is now available
- Magento 2.3.1 compatibility
- Theme values can now be accessed from non-themed components
- Fixed an issue where GoogleTagManager was not being registered
- Fixed an issue where Module Override did not work properly
- Fixed an issue with ejecting components and babel plugin resolution
- Fixed an issue with GraphQL proxying (“host” header in
- Fixed Fixed
- Introduced Falcon namespace to
falcon-magento2-api(requires Magento-module update)
- Fixed a vulnerability of
- Fixed newsletter subscription element height
package.jsonto set the required NodeJS version
- Added several sections and improvements to the documentation website
Falcon Magento Module changes (v4.0.0)
- Introduced new API parameter to merge guest shopping cart into customer one after login
- Fixed an issue with a zero grand total for a logged in customer (front-end update pending)
- Couple of fixes to support Magento 2.3.1
- Fixed an issue for the menu API when no categories existed
- Moved all REST API's to a dedicated
- Updated the place order API for guest customers
- Added selected aggregations to the catalog product list REST API
Getting started with DEITY Falcon
Assuming you have NodeJS 8.10+ installed, you can just follow these 3 easy commands to generate your application and have it running. That’s right, just 3 commands!
npx create-falcon-app my-app
You should now be able to visit your application at localhost:3000 and start developing!
When upgrading from a previous version, please have a look at the upgrade notes
What’s next for Falcon
- Filters (Layered Navigation)
- Performance improvements and caching strategies (check our github issues to join the conversation)
- Documentation revamp which will also include more implementation examples
A special thanks for their contributions, feedback and general help!
- Riccardo Tempesta @RicTempesta (MageSpecialist)
- Yogesh Suhagiya @yogeshsuhagiya
- Ivan Kipyegon @ivantoz
Want to be part of an active and growing community and maybe even contribute to the project? Please don’t hesitate to join our Community Slack channel slack.deity.io or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (We are also hiring for positions in Eindhoven, Breda and Kraków)