We've massively improved Falcon's Service Worker:
- Changed Service Worker pre-cache strategy to cache all static content and skip requesting Falcon Client
SSRuntil the next Service Worker version
- Upgraded Workbox to the latest 4.3.1 version
- Added a build for the Service Worker
- You can now add custom code to the Service Worker, this is useful when you want to use third-party services like PushPro
Released a new Logger with more features:
- Send information to a third-party tracking system
- Trace calls to external services and log them to standard output
- JSON output
- Based on pino
More info on the new Logger can be found here
- Fixed TypeScript compilation errors
- Fixed customer endpoint. Thanks @leonvisscher for reporting
- Added source-map support for all modes in both Falcon Client and Server
- We've made ESLint optional. Developers can now choose whether to use it or not, it will be turned off by default.
- Updated dependencies to latest versions
Check out the Falcon repository changelog for more details
Falcon Magento Module changes (v5.1.0)
- Added new endpoint that returns version and default store code #89
- Added cache invalidation hook #107
- Added API for providing static block and static pages info #108
What else we've been working on
We opened a RFC last month which outlines the goals and proposed changes and we've started development last week. You can follow the ongoing development by checking out the
uikit branches and Pull Requests.
Getting started with DEITY Falcon
Assuming you have NodeJS 8.10+ installed, you can just follow these 3 easy commands to generate your application and have it running. That’s right, just 3 commands!
npx create-falcon-app my-app
You should now be able to visit your application at localhost:3000 and start developing!
When upgrading from a previous version, please have a look at the upgrade notes
A special thanks for their contributions, feedback and general help!
Want to be part of an active and growing community and maybe even contribute to the project? Please don’t hesitate to join our Community Slack channel slack.deity.io or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (We are also hiring for positions in Eindhoven, Breda and Kraków)