14 Video Marketing Stats you need to know in 2018
“Video marketing is a powerful means for promoting anything you want online, whether it’s a product, service, opt-in form, website, blog, etc. …Videos are now an expected component of any website.” — AnimosityPierre
Video has shot up to the top as one of (if not) the best forms of marketing. Allowing a near infinite number of possibilities in what can be achieved, it has garnered quite the reputation in recent years.
But the situation is different in India, are startups and businesses confident in their ability to market using the conventional practices? One of the reasons we started denture Capital was to make videos to fill this void. The void being, there were so many startups that were not utilizing video when it is arguably the most effective.
In the United States, Video has boomed exponentially in the last 2 years. Yet that “explosion” has not really happened in India. Why is that? There are thousands of startups here yet the use of video is very limited.
We have been trying to get more people on board with video for a while now, and the perception is changing gradually. We believe video is the future of marketing and we are eager to let more people know of it.
If you’re still not convinced, take a look at these 14 Stats on Video Marketing (2018) that will change your mind:
All stats credits: hubspot and wyzowl
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63%
- 99% of those who already do use video, say they’ll continue to do so in 2018.
- 65% of those who don’t currently use video, say they plan to start in 2018.
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 76% say it helped them increase sales.
High Impact and Lasting Impression
- 47% say it helped them reduce support queries.
- 76% say it helped them increase traffic.
- 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time on their website.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
The Audience loves it
- 69% of people have been convinced to buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from brands in 2018.
- If you create video content that your specific audience enjoys, 83% of consumers would consider sharing it with their friends.
- Where both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service.
Video is on the rise and is not stopping anytime soon
- Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year.
- A third of all the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
Now is the time to take advantage of video.
Get in touch with us if you need the edge:
Or send us a mail at: email@example.com