DSW Blog Submission Guidelines
Submit your articles by filling out this form. If you’re submitting a piece that’s already on Medium, be sure to include a link to it. When you submit, please follow the guidelines below and remember the cardinal rule: don’t self-promote; teach us something!
- Please no company sales/promotion — your expertise is the best promotion!
- Teach something valuable to up-and-comers.
- We don’t have a length restriction but keep it shorter than War & Peace.
- Make it entertaining! Remember, we like spicy but not crude.
- Proofread! if we have to do excessive editing, we won’t publish it.
- Write a compelling title that describes the content of the article as these will get more clicks and do better in search
- Please ensure there are no copyright or plagiarism conflicts as we will not be verifying this and will not assume any responsibility should there be an issue. By submitting your article, you are agreeing to these terms.
- Please include at least one image. Your featured image (the image people will see in the preview) will be the first image in your article so make sure it is the one you want to use as a preview. You may include as many images as you like but format them within the article as you would like them published. If we have to resize and format, we won’t publish.
If you are not submitting a Medium link, please also include the following:
- Write a headline title (H1) and a subtitle if applicable (H2 or H3).
- Include the author’s name after the title/subtitle.
- You may write a one or two sentence bio about you and the company at the end of the article. Be sure to include a website or social follows. Please bold and/or italicize the bio/company info.
- Please include a list of keywords/tags you feel apply to your article.