Electronic Ukraine (E-Ukraine) is a project to transition from the current centralized and corrupt Ukraine to a transparent world of decentralization and direct digital democracy — to Smart Digital Ukraine.
Ukraine has one of the highest bribery rates in the world. The current Ukrainian government has no desire to develop digital technologies at the state level due to the absolute corruption in the country.
Being aware of the high level of backwardness in Ukraine, and how far it lags behind the entire civilized world, the civil society activists have taken proactive action and have already begun to build the Decentralized Electronic Self-Government Platform (DEPS) based on the NEM platform blockchain.
Artur Goncharov, a worthy candidate for the President of Ukraine, has taken the lead on this project.
E-Ukraine is designed to combine ready-made solutions into one digital system, and to develop the missing modules in order to make accessible the variety of tools of direct democracy. This will make corruption impossible and will increase not only the country’s GDP, but also improve the overall level of well-being of the majority of citizens.
By choosing NEM blockchain as a basis, the project’s creators have shown their dedication to creating a solid system that will not only record all of the important data and processes on the blockchain, but will also automate many public services.
Here are some of the basics of the system:
- The replacement of all public payments with transactions in the national cryptocurrency (HRN — digital hryvna — stable cryptocurrency pegged to Ukraine’s GDP) will make the cash flows in the public administration system transparent and accountable, which will eliminate most corruption schemes, and therefore remove the significant budget overrun.
- The replacement of paper documents in the state administration system with electronic ones by storing data in the blockchain (for example, using NEM Apostille technology–a holistic blockchain notarization system) will automate most public services and processes, as well as reduce costs spent on useless clerks.
- Auditing and digitizing all of the country’s resources, equally distributing these resources among all citizens, and giving citizens tools to manage their allocation with the help of personal online devices will allow every citizen to receive basic income by renting out their portion of the country (‘Ukraine’ tokens will represent the share of country co-ownership, indicate resource availability and what these resources cost). Citizens will have the opportunity to pool their self-governing shares of resources, and use them to attract investment and create joint enterprises.
- The creation of smart, digital national ID cards, with an electronic signature, a bank account, an employment book, the right to vote at elections and referendums (voter status) and access to other government services. The implementation of these ID cards will allow people, without leaving their homes, to vote on current government issues through their online devices, within the competencies and rights of each particular citizen, as well as manage their assets, both joint and private. The technology of distributed data and its transparency will protect the citizen from fraud, data theft and vote rigging.
- The creation of a system to accurately express the will of the citizens, and to transfer the main rights to govern the country to local governments in order to eliminate conflicts arising from the joint ownership of resources, the management of financial resources, and differences in cultures and religions. Local residents will independently determine their rules and laws in their territories, will appoint and remove their representatives in real time on their own, directly affect the activities of their representatives from their registered account, through their online devices and the voting system. 90% of the budget will remain with the local government, and only 10% will be directed to the needs of the entire country.
Expected outcome of this approach:
· Development of local government
· Co-ownership of the country’s resources
· Direct electronic control of the country
· Digital economy
· Creation of tax-free exchanges
· Creation of smart and environment-friendly cities
· Development of distant learning
· Artificial Intelligence in healthcare and other social areas
· Bot assistants and robo-helpers
· Other benefits of digitalization
All of this will create the necessary conditions for the country to develop rapidly, and E-Ukraine paves the way to this future.
In the process of rolling out E-Ukraine:
· 80% of officials will be laid off
· A favorable investment environment will be created
· The development of science, technology and other social sciences will be accelerated
· Effective tools will be created to protect the rights and freedoms of people and citizens
· A competent two-chamber parliament will be created, effective legislation and a fair, functional judicial system will be implemented, both of which will be controlled by citizens online
· A basic income for citizens will be implemented, and will represent the profit from the each citizen’s share of the country. This will protect every citizen’s right to a decent standard of living and provide an opportunity for personal fulfillment, even in conditions of growing automation.
Technologies already allow the development and implementation of the above, and E-Ukraine is already on the way to its goal.
The diagram below shows the development of E-Ukraine from civil initiative to national involvement in the process of direct digital democracy (project development architecture to implementation at the state level):
The Electronic Ukraine project has already attracted the attention of certain politicians and public persons in Ukraine, the process of uniting public organizations is underway, NEM open source modules are being adapted to the needs of the project (the result of which can be seen at the website http://e-ukraine.me/ ), the process of distributing digital hryvnias has begun, and soon Ukraine tokens (share of co-ownership given out to citizens for free) will also be distributed, missing modules are being developed, and training seminars and consultations are being held.
E-Ukraine uses 3 tokens for its system:
The diagram shows the starting model of tokenomics (hybrid version):
E-Ukraine is building an open and transparent decentralized system that can be used anywhere in the world. Currently, the Electronic Ukraine development team is creating the missing elements of the system: the exchange and the bank. In turn, the project leaders are focused on the implementation of the project’s goals in the political field.
Telegram group DePS E-Ukraine: https://t.me/depsukraine