Descript 2.1 is now available. Here’s what’s new:
Cut/copy/paste/delete range selections
Add fades and crossfades, and control clip gain:
Use the WordBar to expand/contract the space between words:
Updated Transcription Flow
New transcription flow that lets you add multiple files to the same Composition:
Add files to your Project/Composition without transcribing them (we call these “Script Clips”):
- Playback and editing is much snappier — especially with video.
- Open Projects before they’re fully downloaded.
- Script automatically scrolls during playback.
- The Media Library is more useful. Select multiple files at once and perform batch operations (e.g. export), and new sorting options.
- Most (all?) of the bugs/quirks around text selection, undo, and commenting have been addressed.
- All known bugs around cloud Project sync have been addressed.