New in Descript: Human-Powered Transcription & More
Today we’re releasing a big update to our White Glove transcription service, with improved turnaround time, accuracy, and user experience. If you’re looking for the 99% accurate human-powered transcription, we think you’ll love it. Try it in the latest Descript for Windows or Descript for Mac Beta.
Here’s how it works:
- Drag and drop an audio/video file into Descript
- Select “White Glove” transcription.
- Confirm the total ($1.25 / minute) and press “Transcribe.”
In less than 24 hours on average, we’ll email you that your professional transcription is ready, perfectly synced to the audio, with speaker labels Here’s an example of a White Glove Descript transcription.
Now you have three ways to get a transcription with Descript:
- Automatic transcription: Get a transcript in a few minutes with industry-leading accuracy (up to 95%). 7¢ per minute.
- White Glove transcription: 99% accuracy, average turnaround in less than 24 hours, exportable as a document or captions with lots of timestamp options.
- Import a transcript: If you got your file transcribed somewhere else, you can still sync/edit it with Descript using our free transcript importer.
What else is new?
Highlight text in many colors. Press command + shift + H (windows: ctrl + shift + H) to quick highlight — Descript remembers the last highlight color you used.
The Ignore feature deletes the audio without removing the original text reference. To use it, highlight a range of text, and click the icon that looks like a strikethrough.
Export an audio file of your Composition. This isn’t super useful right now, but will be when we ship audio editing shortly.