What is beer geek ? 🍺
Beer Geek is an App which helps Beer Enthusiasts to learn Brewing Craft Beer right at their comfort from home.
Project Goals 🎯
Goal of this assignment is to make a media and edtech platform in Beer Brewing niche.
- IA and Wireframes
- Visual Design
Business Goals 💰
Attempt to align design process to business goals of Beer Geek using Pirate metrics.
Pirate metrics are a way to categorize and group together metrics depending on what aspect of the business you want to measure. The groupings are Attention, acquisition, activation, revenue, retention and referral or as a pirate would say “AAARRR.”
- Making an eye-candy design and logo to maintain User’s Attention through out.
- Giving 7 day free trail to Acquire Customer.
- Lower Subscription price for better Activation.
- Adding Shop Feature to increase app’s Revenue.
- Using Gamification techniques to maintain User’s Retention.
- Making a specialised Referral Flow to increase number of Referrals.
- Immersion and understanding of the Craft Beer market and supply chain.
- Finding Potential Customers for beer geek.
A craft brewery or microbrewery is a brewery that produces small amounts of beer, typically less than large breweries, and is often independently owned. Such breweries are generally perceived and marketed as having an emphasis on enthusiasm, new flavours, and varied brewing techniques.
Craft Beer Market in India
The India Craft Beer market is projected to have reached 43 million litres in 2019 from 0.15 million litres in 2014. It has grown a staggering compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 304% during the period 2014 and 2018, says GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
Potential Customers For Beer Geek
Mainly there are four customers:
- Breweries: Main producers of Craft
- Distributors: They take the beer from breweries to bars
- Bars, shops, restaurants: These ones have special beer taps and they sell beer
- Drinkers: Could be anyone loves having a beer.
Information Architecture (IA) 📈
The goal is to focus on organizing, structuring, and labeling Beer Geek’s content in an effective and sustainable way.
I have used wireframes to lay out content and functionality on a page which takes into account user needs and user journeys. It helps me in early development process to establish the basic structure of a page before visual design and content is added.
Visual Design 🌟
Attempt to showcase and document entire visual design details and decisions of Beer Geek.
Design Thinking Around Onboarding Screens
- A brief presentation explaining what the app does to help users understand how the mobile app works.
- Familiar swipe right interaction
- Skippable onboarding expirience.
Design Thinking Around Signup Flow
I believe signup is most important step for Acquiring customer and it need not be boring. Signup flow needs to be like a conversation, which helps user relate to real life.
Progress Tracker to ease user’s cognitive load -
Design Thinking around Home Screen
Attempt to gamify entire home screen filled with rewards and course progress trackers.
- Clear progress bar on left of the screen to track user’s progress.
- After finishing every course lesson, giving away Bcoins as reward.
Design Thinking around Popup quiz and Badges.
- Popup quiz helps user understand and evaluate his learning.
- Badges are more like rewards to gamify process and make sure user keeps going.
Design Thinking around shop
- Shop feature was introduced to increase Beer Geek’ Revenue.
- End user’s essentially like doing all tasks in one place rather than switching apps
Design Thinking around user’s profile
- Motivating user’s to refer other user and hence they will be rewarded with B-Coins.
2. Feature to track User’s orders in my orders page.
3. Remind me feature on wishlist to avoid unwanted notifications.
4. Badges to gamify user’s expirience on app.
Thank you for reading my Case Study ! 🤝
Did you know 😲
You can give up to 50 Claps for an article? Click/Tap and hold the clap button for a few seconds and BAM! Try it out 😋