What is Enterprise UX?
How is it different from Experience Design focused on end users/customers?
- Spans from hire-to-retire, that is the entire lifecycle of a person with an organization
- Covers both the day-to-day micro-moments of an employee’s daily grind (like getting quick access to paystubs) as much as they plan for key macro-moments like a sabbatical
- Includes software and service design, but it’s bigger than that
- Is all about workplace design and workforce culture
- Is grounded in inclusive design
- Functionally, sits at the intersection of IT, HR, corporate strategy and internal comms
Why should you consider Enterprise UX for your career?
- You’ll be helping people be happier and more productive
- You got to work on the very first ‘building block’ of a company: their workforce! And make sure that happy employees = happy customers
- You’ll be challenged by pretty complex scenarios and sophisticated problems to solve: from the number of data to consider to the boundaries set by existing tools & software or procedures / processes
- You won’t have to solve for just one user, but you’ll be designing for efficiency & culture: it’s not a one person flow, is a team effort