One week after Rams and four years of 23 Design
Why we identify with Ram’s philosophy about design and why we have a lot to celebrate and keep working.
A few decades and many moons ago, Dieter Rams developed the 10 Principles of Good Design for Vitsœ, his endeavor as a furniture maker on a pace with his work at Braun.
1. Good design is innovative.
2. Good design makes a product useful.
3. Good design is aesthetic.
4. Good design makes a product understandable.
5. Good design is unobtrusive.
6. Good design is honest.
7. Good design is long-lasting.
8. Good design is thorough down to the last detail.
9. Good design is environmentally-friendly.
10. Good design is as little design as possible.
Rams’ ideas remain relevant in the 21st century. Especially in the world we live: full of useless information and disposable products.
At 23, after four years and more than 200 projects, we have learned how collaboration creates useful, aesthetic, and sustainable products that solve our clients’ problems.
He accepted immediately.
Most of you already know the rest of the story.
He came with us to the studio and was interviewed by local journalists.
We screened the film at Lunario. We are happy to report that the tickets were sold out :D.
After the documentary, we shared some thoughts with the guests (clients, friends, and a lot of curious people we were happy to meet) and had a great time.
Thank you, Gary, for sharing your vision, thoughts, as well as some great drinks and tacos. You rule!