Recommend Local Narrators for our Airbnb Audio Walks!
Airbnb, in partnership with Detour, is launching a project to create immersive audio walks that document the rich and diverse people and places of its communities.
To narrate each walk, we look for locals with a strong personal connection to and/or story about the place that can help listeners appreciate what makes it special.
Know someone who would make a great narrator? Send us a tip.
Think you would make a great narrator? Complete our casting call.
Who makes a good narrator?
Narrators must meet two requirements. First, they need an authentic connection to the place. Second, they need to tell a great story — and sound natural delivering it on tape. Below are some examples.
What cities/neighborhoods are you looking for?
While we’re looking for great narrators in all cities, we’re in most urgent need of narrators in the following cities and neighborhoods, where we currently have tours in production:
- Los Angeles: Downtown, Hollywood, Silverlake, Mid Wilshire, Koreatown
- San Francisco: Castro, The Richmond, Bayview, Nopa, Bernal Heights, Noe Valley
- London: Anywhere, but especially Soho, Southward, Shoreditch, Waltham Forest
- Paris: Republique, Buttte-aux-Cailles, Monmartre, Buttes Chaumont Belleville
- Tokyo: Shibuya (Nakemeguro/Daikonyama), Gaien Mae (Omotesando/Harajuku), Nakano (Shinjuku adjacent), Ueno/Okachimachi
- Seoul: Hongdae, Garosugii/Serosugii, Sungsu-don, Seochan