web.dev status update, 12th Nov 2018
I wanted to give a quick update on some of the things we’re working on now that the web.dev beta has launched.
First, I’d like to thank all of you who have tried the site and posted about it on Twitter. We’ve been working super hard on this project and seeing folks get to use it—and enjoy it—is really uplifting. Thank you 🙏
As we scale the site to meet demand, we’re seeing a handful of issues that we’re working to address. We wanted to highlight them so folks know that they’re on our radar. Current issues include:
- Frequent Error: 500s from the Lighthouse API. This is caused by a combination of lots of folks hitting the service, and some timeout issues on slower sites.
- Sites that use HTTP/2 being reported as not using HTTP/2
- PWAs being reported as not being PWAs (i.e. “Missing service worker”)
- Only running audits against the HTTPS version of a URL
- Frequent profile sign-outs
We’re going to do our best to fix all of these as soon as we can. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy checking out the content on the site, doing some codelabs, and playing around with the Lighthouse monitoring (quirks and all 😁).