I want to mentor you
This week, one of my mentees landed an interview at Dropbox!
Another negotiated a job that allowed him to work remotely for a U.S. company from Taiwan.
I’m so proud of them. The community that comes from coaching developers in their careers is like no other. I love it.
What do you say — want to join me?
Old model: private coaching
Until now, my coaching has been private, 1-on-1 sessions.
They’re invite-only, after an application and a trial period. Starting with conversations via email, I identify developers who are motivated to make big moves in their career.
Private coaching is fun and impactful. We walk through the coding journey:
- Where they are in their career
- What they need to learn technically
- How they could improve with psychology, approach, and communication
- Landing a new (or first) developer job
- Interview strategy
- Managing multiple opportunities
- Salary negotiation
- Ramping up in a new job
- Navigating difficult situations / technical challenges
- Negotiating a raise or promotion
What my mentees receive
Seeing my mentees succeed in their goals is inspiring. I learn a lot from them, and I know they get a lot of value from our sessions.
Everything I share in those sessions is available on this Medium blog. 99% of my content is free.
The value of mentorship is helping apply those lessons in your specific situation.
- Should you quit your current job?
- What don’t you know that you should know?
- How much should you expect for salary?
- What do you say to your manager to get a promotion?
But there’s one problem with private coaching:
It doesn’t scale.
Introducing group coaching
Group coaching scales. I can help more people for lower cost.
It has another benefit: building durable community.
Instead of private coaching in isolation, the community works together. You won’t just have me for advice, you’ll have many other developers on the same journey as you!
You’ll be part of an inclusive community for software developers who want to take their careers to the next level and make a difference in the world.
- Get direct answers to your questions with clear instructions on what to do in our weekly Q&A sessions
- Gain confidence in your ability to plan and execute career moves like job changes, salary negotiations, and asking for promotions
- Hold yourself accountable to the community to take action and really change your career.
- Take advantage of the benefits of expert coaching without a big investment of time or money.
How it works
- You get access to weekly Q&A sessions with Bennett to ask your personal questions
- All prior Q&As are available, along with other resources/workbooks/teardowns on building a meaningful career
- You have 24/7 access to the community, where you can ask questions and get support
- Coaching community members join in cohorts.
Join the community!
Interested? Here’s how to join.
Look forward to talking to you
I’ve spent the past 5 years creating resources for people like you. With over 1 million views, daily free emails, and evenings spent mentoring developers, I’ve spent thousands of hours teaching software engineers.
99% of my content is free and openly available on the web. But for those looking to accelerate their progress, coaching can unlock the full potential of working in software.
Join the community & see how to take your career to the next level.