Support us as we nurture the next generation of Filipino technologists for humanity first
As Developh enters its fifth year, we’d love for you to consider supporting us in our mission to bridge the technology gap in the nations that need it most as we nurture technologists that are humanity-first.
We’ve been students hard at work helping other students as we’ve built initiatives and programming across education, acceleration, & community — working to address gaps in the current Philippine student startup and technology ecosystem.
Just last year:
- Our community has grown to over 1,000 members, exploding in growth as we pivoted to completely online programming
- We’ve hosted dozens of events and workshops, including a “Student Tech Talk” series focused on intimate conversations from youth and early-career technologists and creatives — these discussions propel action, nurture our “by-students, for-students” culture, and build peer role models
- Raised over Php180,000 for social causes in acknowledgement that we must serve the most marginalized before anything else. Developh made a commitment to help Filipino students who have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic with its NO STUDENT LEFT drive and raised immediate funds for organizations tackling injustice in an age where young activists are constantly redtagged by the government with Act with Developh.
- Launching and maintaining Intern.ph as a solo build from scratch, now being rebuilt to be the go-to source of student-sourced reviews on startups and companies, revealing information on compensation, impact, and growth potential.
- Supported students with career endeavors: from scholarship assistance to attend virtual tech conferences (take a look at our Medium for some of their shared insights and materials), free resume review and portfolio feedback sessions with over dozens of students, and curated job postings on our channels
- Stepping up to secure a Php100,000 Load Fund for the immediate victims of Typhoon Ulysses with 30+ student volunteers acting around-the-clock to help us process donations when we were receiving hundreds of messages an hour
- Sharing our knowledge and building in public as we put together “Assembly”, a conference where our core team shared their personal learnings and insights (writing over a handful of original talks each)
- Supported local student artists and creatives with Festival, an online gig and art market that gathered us together to create for those who can’t. Dozens of artists, performers, and advocates came together as we built an online platform to host Festival
- Kicked off Creator Spotlights to showcase the journeys of student technologists, builders, and doers
Our Plans for 2021
Developh has a public roadmap that we’re constantly updating (as we operate in constant flux). Aside from this roadmap, we have our eyes set on more online programming to reach more Filipino youth along their journeys in tech.
- Our Conference focused on the intersections, implications, and impact of technology on humanity, society, and social good. We’re hoping to organize the most meaningful gathering celebrating underrepresented technologists and voices, with particular concern towards LGBTQ, non-binary, and trans builders in a country rife with issues of identity and class.
- Organizing Clubs, subcommunities focused on topics of interest at Developh. We started 2021 with an Ethical Design Club chaired by leaders Bianca and Chia.
- Supporting founders with meaningful community, shared accountability, best-in-class mentorship and resources, and funding they need to move their ideas forward with a Fellowship and Fund. We’re excited to be the first student community to fully commit to investing in student founders, paving the way for strengthened student participation in the local startup ecosystem.
- Building up our Ventures, starting with Intern.ph as we create a go-to career resource for student technologists, creatives, and engineers looking for the most impactful work opportunities; a gap which strongly exists in the Philippines.
We’ve already started with the Intern.ph Substack, gaining over a hundred subscribers in less than a day, where we’ll be delivering both job opportunities and resources to help connect students to meaningful careers.
- Launching an off-shoot Product Studio where we can bring incredible makers to create tools and platforms for changemakers.
If you would like to support Developh’s work, consider lending us a small donation. Our donations go to supporting our hosting costs, expanding our events and programming, and helping us set up better infrastructure for our initiatives.