Top 7 reasons to adopt Cloud Computing in 2021
Today we are doing to talk about some of the key benefits of Cloud Computing and why you should start using it if not already:
- Infrastructure Cost reduction: by using public cloud infrastructure, you don’t have to spend huge amounts of money on purchasing and maintaing hardware yourself. This reduces your capex costs. You can also save on having a large IT-Admin team to handle your infrastructure setup and manage data-center operations, you can leverage the expertise of your cloud provider.
2. Highly Scalable(On-demand) Environment: cloud providers also provide on-demand highly scalable environment for the users. This gives you the flexibility to resize your infrastructure, almost immediately based on predictable or unpredictable fluctuations in business demands. In case you are running a promotional campaign or expect a sudden spike in your traffic, you can upscale your setup to add additional cloud servers and then again downscale them when the spike subsides.Also you pay for the extra servers provisioned only for the duration they were used (couple of minutes to hours to days).
3. Disaster Recovery(DR) and Business Continuity: data loss is a key concern for all organizations in case of emergency. Hence most of the public cloud vendors, out of the box offer DR as a service to ensure smooth business continuity for their customers. Cloud vendors provide a quick data recovery for all kinds of emergency scenarios, from natural disasters to power outages.They ensure that your data and applications are always backed-up and secured and should be easy to recover in case of an emergency.
4. High Availability (365x24x7): cloud computing also provides you the benefit of high availability. When your applications are running into cloud, the cloud vendor ensures that your system is always up and running without any downtime. Most of the public cloud vendors offer an uptime of 4 nine’s or 99.99% as we call it. So high-availability resonates the idea of anywhere and anytime access to your applications, services, tools and data stored in cloud.
5. Security: one of the prime concerns organisations have while adopting a cloud approach is the security of their data as well their customer data. A data breach or other cybercrimes related to data can destroy a company’s growth, customer loyalty and also brand value. Hence it is very important to ensure that whatever data is stored on cloud environment is extremely safe and secured.For the same reason all cloud vendors offer many advanced security features that ensure that data is securely stored and handled in cloud.Also the cloud vendors implement a baseline protection for their own platform and also the data they process, such authentication, access control, and encryption.
6. Improved Collaboration: Cloud computing also makes collaboration a simple process. Members across the teams can view and share information easily and securely across a cloud-based platform.
7. Mobility: another big benefit of using clouds is that cloud computing platforms allow mobile access to data through smartphones and similar devices. This remote accessibility enables quick turnaround time, faster solutions, and a constant connection. It is perfect solution for freelancers, remote employees, and organisations with offices across locations. No matter what location you are or what device you are using, a person can verify and authenticate himself and then access the cloud solutions with ease.
All these benefits make cloud computing a compelling , must have solution for modern day start-ups and enterprises.
PS: This article was originally published at : https://devopscurry.com/top-7-reasons-tpo-adopt-cloud-computing-in-2020/
Do Follow our platform: devopscurry.com for latest post and updates on Cloud and DevOps domain.