Free Software and Technology Grants For Nonprofits
Nowadays, having a good tech portfolio can be very beneficial for any organization. However, a lot of software is really expensive. The good news is that eligible nonprofits can get technology grants allowing them to receive tools at a reduced cost or completely free.
There are many tech grants or tech features that nonprofits can use to improve and expand their organizations. However, many people are not sure where to find some of these grants. In this article, we will list the grants available for nonprofits.
Microsoft for Nonprofits
Microsoft provides eligible nonprofits with a variety of office productivity software, Windows operating systems, server software, and discounts on cloud subscriptions.
What nonprofits can get?
- Microsoft 365. Up to 300 Microsoft 365 Business Basic and up to 10 Microsoft 365 Business Premium licenses for free.
- Microsoft Azure. $3,500 (USD) Azure services credits per year and access to the complete portfolio of Azure products and cloud services.
- Dynamics 365. Up to 5 Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales licenses, which enable “Fundraising and Engagement” and “Volunteer Management” modules.
- LinkedIn. Up to 50% discount.
- GitHub. Team account with unlimited private repositories and unlimited users.
- Up to 70% discount on online services and perpetual licenses.
To activate a Microsoft for Nonprofits offer, please refer to the https://nonprofit.microsoft.com page.
Google For Nonprofits
Google for Nonprofits provides free tools to nonprofit organizations that allow them to work more efficiently with a wider audience, spur more supporters to take action, and tell their stories in a more compelling way.
What nonprofits can get?
Google Workspace For Nonprofits (former G Suite)
- Unlimited Gmail accounts that end in yourdomain.com, vs @gmail.com;
- Google drive, docs, sheets, slides, etc. All those fun little apps;
- 30GB of space (up from 15 in personal accounts) for Drive documents and email hosting;
- 24/7 actual person support via phone, chat, and email;
- Admin access over all your organization’s accounts.
- $3 per person per month compared with the paid Business Standard account, or $5.04 per month for the Business Pro account.
Up to $10,000 of AdWords advertising a month to promote your website on Google.ca through keyword targeting
AdWords Express (AWX)
Creating an ad is easy. Select your audience, write three lines about your business, and set your budget. AdWords Express automatically manages where and when your ads will appear on Google. No keywords to choose, and no ongoing maintenance.
Increased uploading capacity, the ability to select custom thumbnail images, and call-to-action overlay on your videos.
Google Earth And Maps (Google Maps API)
Create a custom map of your project sites in 10-minutes with Google Maps, create a narrative Google Earth movie and make it available on YouTube, collect data in the field with Android devices and Open Data Kit and map your data.
You can apply for Google For Nonprofits program here.
AWS for Nonprofits
The AWS offers access to high-powered computing, storage, data warehousing, development, analytics, content delivery, and other services to help nonprofits scale without investing in physical infrastructure.
What nonprofits can get?
AWS Nonprofit Credit Program
$2,000 USD in AWS Promotional Credit, helping to offset costs for nonprofits associated with implementing cloud-based solutions.
AWS Imagine Grant Program
- Up to $100,000 USD of unrestricted financial support
- Up to $100,000 USD in AWS Promotional Credit
- Project kickoff workshop and implementation support from Amazon Web Services (AWS) technical specialist(s)
AWS Cloud Credit for Research
Awarded amounts will vary depending on the research proposal and service usage requirements documented in the application.
Student awards will be up to a maximum of $5,000.00. Faculty and Staff awards are not capped.
You can apply for AWS for Nonprofits here.
- Slack. Workspaces with 250 or fewer members a free upgrade, and an 85% discount for workspaces above that size for Standard Plan. Workspaces of any size an 85% discount for Plus Plan. Apply through TechSoup.
- Zoom. 50 % discount on a one-year subscription for a Zoom Meetings Pro or Business plan and certain add-ons with up to 99 licenses. Apply.
- Miro. 30% discount on paid plans to support the important work they’re doing. Apply
- Canva. Pro’s premium features for up to 10 people for free. Apply.
- Adobe. Discounts in VIP (Value Incentive Plan) and TLP (Transactional Licensing Program) programs globally. Contact Adobe Sales or your nearest Adobe authorized reseller.
- GetResponse. 30% or 50% off monthly plans. Apply.
- Mailchimp. 15% discount for services. Apply.
- eSputnik. Unlimited web-push notifications for the website. Unlimited emails for unlimited contacts. Unlimited triggers, autoresponders, workflows, and analytics. Free support for adding subscription forms to your site. Free support for integration. Free support for designing a template based on your project style. Send an application to email@example.com, including your contact details, website, and a short description of your activity.
- DocuSign. Up to 30% discount on annual plans. Apply.
- Monday.com. Discounted yearly plans. Apply.
- Asana. 50% on a one-year Premium or Business subscription, plus get numerous free resources. Apply.
- Trello. 75% discount on Business Class and Enterprise. Apply.
- Setapp. 180 high-quality apps for Mac, iPhone, or iPad — based on a single monthly subscription starting at $8.99/person (+ taxes). 50% discount on a yearly plan. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Relic. 4 additional free users per month (+1 free edition user: 5 total) and 900 additional gb of data (+100 gb free edition: 1TB total) for Good Standard. 2 free users per month and 1 free TB data per month for Good Pro. Apply.
- Atlassian. 75% discount for all cloud products. Apply.
- Dropbox. 40 % discount on Business Standard and Business Advanced plans. Apply through TechSoup.
- Grammarly. Free access to all key features, including all Premium-level writing suggestions, administrator dashboards, and integrations with websites and workplace tools. Apply.
We hope that you take advantage of these special offerings to become more efficient and productive!
DevRain is a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider and nonprofit technology partner. We help nonprofits with technology selection, license activation, setup, and custom software development. Contact us to learn more.