Grand Launch of DF Staking
In our previous post, we shared our proposal on the upgraded dForce tokenomics, introducing a coherent set of benefits and rights of DF token tied to the underlying protocol performance. Today, we are thrilled to announce the grand launch of DF staking (approved through DIP025) on Ethereum!
First and foremost among the proposed features is the ability to stake DF to capture fee incomes across dForce network on top of staking rewards. This mechanism will ensure a better alignment of interest between protocol growth and DF token holders.
As a recap, staking rewards will come from the following sources mainly:
- Protocol revenues across our network;
- Staking rewards funded by Treasury and Gravity pools;
- DF purchased from secondary markets.
The second proposed feature is a hybrid staking model, including:
- Free Staking — users can stake and unstake at any time;
- Lock-up Staking — users can lock up DF for a chosen period to receive higher staking rewards and higher governance voting rights. In a nutshell, users will be able to choose how long to lock up your DF (for a minimum of one week) — the longer you lock, the more reward and the higher voting rights you earn.
As a community-driven project, governance drives major protocol changes across dForce network, from onboarding new assets and collaterals to risk parameter setting, fee accrual, interest alignment, etc. Lock-up stakers will gain higher voting rights, proportional to how long you lock up your DF.
Staking APY is affected by the following factors which is decided and can be further adjusted by DF holders through governance:
- Total DF allocated to Staking;
- Gauge between Free Staking and Lock-up Staking pools;
- Total staked DF participating in each respective pool.
Hands-on Guides for dForce Staking