Introducing the scientific committee for #dgov18
The scientific committee is charged with organizing the academic portion of the conference. The committee members currently include the following:
- Bennet Zelner, Associate Professor of Business and Public Policy, Smith School of Business, University of Maryland (chair)
- Pietro Speroni d. F., Adjunct Professor of Geometry, Univerità di Chieti-Pescara
- Carla Reyes, Assistant Professor of Law and Director of Legal RnD, Michigan State University College of Law; Faculty Associate, Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
- Jacky Mallett, Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science, Reykjavík University
- Joao Hooks, dGov18 Interdisciplinary Studies Liaison
The committee’s objective in structuring the program is to promote meaningful progress on key issues that must be addressed to realize the promise of distributed governance offered by blockchain (and distributed ledger technologies more generally). Toward this end, the committee is soliciting the participation of scholars from multiple disciplines. Additionally, the program will follow an untraditional format designed to surface key questions and stimulate interactive discussion around them.
Stay tuned to the https://dgov.earth/ got more details as the agenda unfolds.