Terraform integration in an app
As you can read in the title, it's true. We are here with Terraform Flutter app.
Today many companies are using HashiCorp for networking, security, infrastructure, connection, and many more. But what is HashiCorp? HashiCorp provides a variety of products for your application. In today’s world, HashiCorp’s products are booming. Let’s check its products.
- Terraform — Terraform is an infrastructure as a code(laC) that helps any organization build and changes the version infrastructure.
- Packer — Packer is used to creating machine images that are worked on multiple platforms. A single source configuration generates these images
- Vault — It is a tool for managing and protecting sensitive data.
- Boundary — Boundary is used to access any application or essential data based on the user’s identity.
- Consul — Automate cloud service networking. Any service on any runtime may be discovered and safely connected.
- Nomad — It is a scheduler and workload orchestrator. Deploy any app to any cloud.
- Waypoint —Through a uniform abstraction of the underlying infrastructure, Waypoint enables developers to deploy, manage, and observe their apps.
- Vagrant — Vagrant is a tool for creating and maintaining virtual machine environments all in one place.
This blog will show you how to integrate Terraform’s API with DhiWise. Terraform helps to manage infrastructure, and you can manage them with a single configuration.tf file. It supported many platforms. You can see the list below.
Before starting, I’ll show some of the APIs used in the application. There are lots of APIs are using from Terraform.
Check out how to discover organization listings using your account tokens.
Once you hit API, you will get a list of all the organizations in your account.
So, the app begins right here. To obtain a list of all organizations and can create an organization.
How? let’s review.
So this type any Terraform API can be used. If you want to know more about Terraform API, then check here
This app is used with the OneSignal API to deliver SMS messages. I don’t think I need to say much more about OneSignal because it’s such a well-known platform for notification services. Only a single API is used in this app to send the message.
Looks quite good. Now it’s time to look at how this app is built using DhiWise and third-party APIs. First, check how many features are present in this app.
Now let’s check how it worked with DhiWise. There are several steps, below I’ve mentioned them in order:
- Upload Figma to DhiWise.
Once you have the Figma ready, you’ll have to upload it onto DhiWise platform. Uploading Figma to DhiWise hardly takes a minute. Once the uploading process is over, all your screens will be visible as below.
2. Set Navigation
DhiWise offers the ability to do this operation in 30 minutes to set the navigation. Isn’t it good? Let’s see how the navigation works in a matter of minutes. The navigation can be configured using the onClick function. Take one example and see how you can configure the navigation.
Once you select the navigation, you can see the list of APIs from that, you need to select another screen.
Once all the configuration is set, the central part for any developer is to check the quality of the code. Below is the code for the navigation action we just added.
After establishing navigation for all screens, you can go to API integration which is one of the most challenging components of the app. However, using DhiWise, it was done in a matter of hours. How did I do the same, you ask? Check out the next topic.
3. API Integration
There were mainly 9–10 APIs required to build the app. Let’s take an example and see how the APIs are configured using DhiWise.
When you pick the API integration, it displays the entire list. Choose the API for the app. Check out the code of API integration.
4. Add some business logic
In this case, hardly much business logic is necessary. Only the file uploading API requires some business logic.
5. ErrorFree App
Finally, the primary purpose of the above steps is to create an error-free app, and the result is here.
In the end, the app is completed in two days without much knowledge of Flutter.
Check out the source code of this application, and do share your thoughts on the same: https://github.com/DhiWise/Terraform