2021 at a Glance: DAO Activity
2021 represented a continuation of the DIA DAO journey by launching a space to submit and discuss proposals, adding a module to crowd-approve DIA platform features, POAP rewards, and multiple core team and community-driven proposals.
Here is a recap of all the DIA DAO activities that took place this year:
- The DIA DAO Forum launch: As a natural next step towards the decentralisation of DIA, DIA introduced the DIA DAO forum: a space to propose, discuss and vote on ideas to improve the DIA platform, product as well as implement decentralisation processes. Learn more.
- Community Approval Requests — CAR launch: CARs are designed in order to facilitate a lean process for the DIA DAO to approve or reject processes, content and infrastructure, divided into different product categories and subcategories of DIA’s cross-chain oracle platform. Learn more.
- I Voted POAP Rewards: In order to incentivise the DAO interaction, DIA will reward with POAPs (what is a POAP?) the members actively participating and adding value to DIA’s governance process. From now on, DIA token holders participating in votings via vote.diadata.org, will receive a POAP badge as a reward.
General DIA Proposals — GDPs
- GDP #002: Liquidity Provision Incentives: The DIA core team proposes an allocation of a total of 300.000 DIA from the treasury to incentivise the provision of liquidity for DIA in ETH and USDC on Uniswap and Sushiswap during the calendar year 2021. The proposal successfully passed with 100% of the votes. Learn more.
- GDP #003: Community Marketing: In the third official DAO proposal, DIA proposes to allocate budget for marketing via other communities and community leaders in order to drive awareness, education and exposure for the DIA project. The proposal successfully passed with 100% of the votes. Learn more.
- GDP #004: DIA Staking Program: The DIA team opens a new DAO proposal for the community to vote on a new staking program to reward long-term token holders and create positive supply and price effects. The proposal successfully passed with 82% of the votes. Learn more.
- GDP #005: Binance Flexible Savings: The core team proposed to kick off a savings campaign on Binance to earn interest by subscribing DIA tokens. This would be a flexible savings campaign, meaning the funds subscribed to the program can be deposited and redeemed at any time. The proposal successfully passed with 91% of the votes. Learn more.
- GDP #006: DIA’s Carbon Neutral Oracle Initiative: the DIA core team proposed to take the first steps to counter externalities of on-chain operations, starting with DIA’s oracle usage. Leveraging DIA’s data infrastructure, DIA can track the volume of on-chain oracle transactions across ledgers and calculate the associated energy consumption. This, in turn, will enable DIA to approximate the resulting carbon emissions in order to be able to offset them. The proposal successfully passed with 81% of the votes for AtmosFair. Learn more.
- GDP #007: Creation of Russian Marketing Channel: Community member Artur suggested creating a Russian DIA Group in order to improve marketing and attract the Russian community. The proposal successfully passed with 95% of the votes. Learn more.
- GDP #008: 2021 Annual Treasury Vote: In line with DIA’s continued efforts to increase its DAO interaction and following the DAO plans laid out in 2020 as well as the release schedule, DIA Association’s annual reserve unlock was up for vote on November 29, 2021. The proposal successfully passed with 95% of the votes. Learn more.
Community Approval Requests — CARs
- CAR #001: Moving Average (MA): To calculate a price feed for an asset, DIA collects data at a trade level directly from centralised exchange APIs (e.g Coinbase) and decentralised exchange smart contracts (e.g UniSwap). The proposal successfully passed with 99% of the votes. Learn more.
- CAR #002: Moving Average with Interquartile Range (MAIR): The MAIR (Moving Average with Interquartile Range Clearing) filter is the application of the Moving Average filter to data that was previously cleared by the Interquartile Range filtering system. The proposal successfully passed with 100% of the votes. Learn more.
DIA (Decentralised Information Asset) is a cross-chain, open-source data and oracle platform for the DeFi ecosystem. DIA leverages crypto-economic incentives to drive supply, share and use transparent, crowd-verified price data and oracles on financial and digital assets. DIA’s data sources and methodologies are transparent and publicly accessible for everyone.