Community Update: May 2022
Here are DIA’s latest developments including the launch of the first #WASM #oracle; multi-chain integrations with Evmos and Telos; partnerships with protocols Dopex, AstridDAO, Tomb Finance and many more.
In the last few months, the Web3 space has seen a lot of change with overall sentiment turning rather bearish. The global macro environment with high inflation rates and supply chain shocks has affected the capital markets, including cryptocurrencies as well. Additionally, the recent crash of Terreform Labs’ LUNA and UST affected thousands of retail and institutional investors, aggravating the fear in the broader community.
Without any major impact on its day to day operations and long-term strategy, DIA continued building and growing its open-source oracle ecosystem. During the latest months, DIA pushed business development efforts, closing partnerships on promising ecosystems like Astar, Metis and Fantom. On the development side, the DIA platform’s capabilities were further solidified by adding new CEXs and DEXs as new data sources.
Lastly, the DIA DAO started a major revamp since its inception, building a framework to leverage its decentralised community of contributors across multiple business lines such as marketing, growth and operations. To execute this, DIA launched a closed testing phase together with a holistic platform for members to contribute to the development of the DAO while earning rewards along the way. Continue reading to find out more.
🌐 | DIA DAO
In the last few weeks, the DIA DAO has amped up the efforts on building the DAO community by consistently seeking feedback, organizing community AMAs, feedback calls with contributors and moving forward with many proposals to discuss and vote on the DIA platform’s modules and features.
CARs — Community Approval Requests
- CAR #010: Balancer V2 | Source — Approved | Learn more
- CAR #011: Bybit | Source — Approved | Learn more
- CAR #012: SpiritSwap | Source — Approved | Learn more
- CAR #013: Huobi | Source — Approved | Learn more
- CAR #014: Bitfinex | Source — Approved | Learn more
- CAR #015: Gate.io | Source — Approved | Learn more
- CAR #016: OmniDEX | Source — Approved | Learn more
Here is a recap of the Community AMAs from April to May, a series of monthly sessions where the DIA Team answers questions and discusses suggestions by DIA’s community on the DIA Telegram Community Chat.
DIA DAO — Closed Alpha Launch
The DIA DAO has officially started rolling out access to early contributors through a closed alpha testing phase. The current setup provides the rails to easily onboard new members, educate them on the new framework and start contributing. This presents an opportunity for any Web3 contributor to get involved early and chart out their growth in the DAO while earning rewards in the process.
⚙️ | Product / Tech
In the past weeks, the development team has concentrated efforts on deploying DIA’s oracle infrastructure across many ecosystems and deploying new scrapers for multiple DEXs and CEXs. DIA also expanded its oracle capabilities to support WASM based dApps. Here is a recap of the latest tech developments:
Evmos: Evmos is an application-agnostic chain built with the Cosmos SDK that will be interoperable with Ethereum, EVM-compatible environments, and other BFT chains via the Inter Blockchain Communication protocol (IBC). This allows Evmos users and developers to easily interact between blockchains within the Cosmos ecosystem.
Telos: Telos EVM is a scalable solution for Solidity based applications, built with the intent of revolutionizing the DeFi landscape. Unlike other scalable EVMs, Telos EVM is not just a fork of the original Go Ethereum code. It’s an entirely new EVM redesigned from the ground up to take full advantage of the power that Telos technology has to offer.
The first WASM compatible oracle: DIA has expanded its oracle capabilities on the substrate ecosystem by making its oracle infrastructure compatible with dApps built on the WASM development language.
- OmniDEX: The OmniDEX scraper is now live, enabling DIA to collect and aggregate market data from the OmniDEX on Telos. With this update, OmniDEX is added as a new data source to the DIA Platform, enabling DIA to build price feed oracles for Telos-native assets.
- Diffusion: The Diffusion Finance DEX scraper is now live, enabling DIA to collect and aggregate market data from the Diffusion DEX on Evmos.
- Huckleberry: The HuckleberryDEX scraper is now live, enabling DIA to source market data from the Huckleberry DEX on Moonriver to build transparent and customizable price feed oracles. As many assets are only available and traded on blockchain specific DEXs, this product’s update enables DIA to build price feed oracles for Moonriver-native assets.
- Hermes: The Hermes scraper is now live, enabling the DIA platform to source market data from the Hermes DEX, operating on the Metis Andromeda network.
- SpiritSwap: The Spirit Swap scraper is now live, enabling the DIA platform to source market data from SpiritSwap, operating on the Fantom network.
- Balancer V2: The BalancerLabs V2 scraper is now live, enabling the DIA platform to source market data from the Balancer DEX and AMM DeFi Protocol, operating on the Ethereum Mainnet.
See all markets DIA is sourcing data from in the DIA Documentation here.
🤝 | Partnerships / Integrations
DIA has relentlessly expanded its oracle services to support a range of dApps, operating across multiple chains. The decision of protocols to move forward with DIA as a strategic partner to secure the volume locked in smart contracts shows the trust DIA has gained in recent months as a go-to oracle solution provider. Here is an overview of the latest additions to the DIA ecosystem:
- Dopex: Dopex is a decentralized options protocol that aims to maximize liquidity, minimize losses for option writers and maximize gains for option buyers — all in a passive manner. Dopex uses option pools to allow anyone to earn a yield passively. Learn more.
- OmniDEX: OmniDex is an automated market-making (AMM) decentralized exchange full-service decentralized trading platform built on the Telos EVM blockchain. It allows users to swap, farm, lend and earn rewards on the first native DEX DeFi protocol built on the Telos EVM. Learn more.
- Tomb Finance: TOMB is a cross-chain algorithmic stablecoin, pegged to the price of 1 $FTM via seigniorage. The $TOMB algorithmic token serves as the backbone of a rapidly growing ecosystem aimed towards bringing liquidity and new use cases to the Fantom Opera network. Learn more.
- Hummus Exchange: Hummus is a single-side Automated Market Maker designed for exchanging stable cryptocurrencies on the Metis blockchain. Hummus combines the speed, security and efficiency of Metis with a low slippage stableswap and dynamic staking system. Learn more.
- AstridDAO: AstridDAO is a multi-collateral stablecoin built on Astar Network and for the Polkadot ecosystem. AstridDAO allows users to deposit various crypto assets including $ASTR, $BTC, $ETH, $BNB, etc., and borrow BAI, a fully backed stablecoin hard-pegged to the US Dollar. Learn more.
- FantOHM: FantOHM is a multi-chain decentralized Reserve and Revenue Protocol with the mission of overcoming ever-increasing inflation and the limitations of traditional finance while generating a continuous stream of income for its investors. Learn more.
- Beamswap: Beamswap is a decentralized exchange (DEX) with an automated market maker (AMM), providing liquidity and peer-to-peer transactions. Beamswap supports an array of services and features, allowing to swap crypto assets, both fungible and non-fungible, staking and yield farming, and launch custom crypto projects on Moonbeam. Learn more.
- Standard Protocol: DIA is powering Standard’s launch of $USM, to become the first multichain decentralized stablecoin in the Metis Network. To support the go-live, DIA is providing Standard Protocol with a customised price feed oracle that will be used to calculate the asset price to be used as collateral for $USM. Learn more
🎙 | Events
Paris Blockchain Week Summit’s panel on risk management
DIA Co-founder Paul Claudius moderated the panel “Managing Risk on Lending Protocols” at Paris Blockchain Week Summit with speakers: Michael Bentley, Yichen Wu, Yulong Liu and Lei Lei
Panel with FantohmDAO & SpiritSwap
AMA with FantohmDAO & Spirit_Swap saw a discussion on how $DIA aggregates Fantom native data to enable DeFi on the network. This was conducted with Paul Claudius from (DIA), Usanko from (SpiritSwap) and (FantOHM) in the panel
The Guide to DeFi, with Outlier Ventures | Panel
DIA Co-Founder Paul Claudius joined Web3 founders on a panel to discuss the latest updates and development of the DeFi ecosystem.
Governance Call with Acala & Standard Protocol
DIA Co-Founder joined Standard Founder Hyungsuk Kang and Acala Chief of Growth at Acala Dan Reecer on a Governance Call to discuss how to bring aUSD to Polkadot parachains.
📰 | Press
- “DIA’s Open-Source Oracles Live on Evmos Mainnet”––NewsBTC
- “Dopex.io Partners with DIA to Power its Launch on Metis” — Bloomberg
- “Telos, Crypto’s Fastest DeFi Ecosystem Continues To Scale”––Yahoo
DIA is a cross-chain, end-to-end, open-source data and oracle platform for Web3. The DIA platform enables the crowd-sourcing, validation and sharing of transparent and verified data feeds for asset prices, metaverse data and more. DIA data is simultaneously sourced at a trade level from multiple on-chain and off-chain sources and made available to developers on all relevant layer 1 and layer 2 networks.