Week 54: Evolving this blog in 2017
We have a favor to ask. 😬
Hey there, this is Harry, one of the founders of Berlin-based digital studio diesdas.digital—at your service when it comes to branding and product development. But you already knew that, didn’t you? Probably because we write a blog post looking back at everything that happened to us each week, taking all of you with us on this journey of founding and growing a small company.
This one is about week 54, but before we get to the fun stuff, we have a small favor to ask. 😇
This blog has 55+ articles by now, one for each week that we’ve been in business and a couple more posts. That is a lot, yet we never had specific goals or an editorial plan for what we’re writing about or what we wanted to achieve … it just happened each week.
This Friday we suddenly found ourselves in quite a heated and emotional discussion about the value of these posts—naturally that’s hard to quantify, but our hunch is that they influence a lot of people to start working with us, either when it comes to recruiting (#employerbranding), or possibly also clients. In order to stop guessing and start knowing, we therefore kindly ask you for your feedback (if you’ve read a few posts in the past). We’re specifically interested in the following:
- If you’re a client of ours reading this: How do you perceive these posts? Did they play a role in your decision to hire us and work together?
- If you’re a fellow designer or developer reading this: What do you like/dislike about them? Do they make it more likely that you would want to work with us?
- If you’re working at a similar studio or agency: How do these posts compare to what your company is doing?
- For everyone: What do you find interesting, what would you like to see more/less?
Here’s a form to make the process of giving feedback easier for you. Please give us something, anything… can be just a single emoji or an entire essay. Can be in English or German or French or Spanish or Latin. Attach your name if you feel like it or keep it anonymous. Okay? Sweet. Here it comes, sporting a friendly giraffe:
For real? Thank you so much! We’ll try to use the feedback to make future posts, wait for it, more engaging! Just kidding, it’s simply about learning a bit more about you, the readers, and making better, more informed decisions in the future. 🙃
Finally: Week 54
So much has happened, I can’t even put it all in chronological order, so instead here are some people we interacted with this week:
- Shout-out to Michaela Lehr for stopping by and sharing her virtual reality expertise with us. We’re currently throwing around ideas for VR projects and it definitely helped to get her perspective.
- Shout-out to Thomas Helbig with whom we will start working next week on a freelance basis!
- Shout-out to Jonathan Muth! We’re super happy to welcome him aboard in February, also freelance.
- Shout-out to Thomas Weyres, whom I met at HTW this week.
- Shout-out to Simon Stellwag who joined us for lunch this week!
- Shout-out to Jan Gassel for donating some coffee for our new office!
- Last, but not least: Shout-out to a very special reader in India… you know who you are! 😊
- … also, to everyone’s delight, Santiago is back, cracking jokes. (Yo Santiago, if you’re reading this, I am not being sarcastic, in case you couldn’t tell. 🙃)
Apart from meeting people we were super busy on projects, made good progress and also tirelessly worked on getting the office ready for our move in February. There. Is. So. Much. Left. To. Organize. Oh my. But that’s for another time, let’s see some photos of this week instead:
See you around!
And that’s it for today … take care, have a nice rest of the weekend and a good start of the new week! If you liked this post (you did give feedback earlier, right?), consider clicking the little heart [❤️] below or following this publication here on Medium: by doing that you’ll get notifications for all the upcoming posts. How cool is that? 😎
Thank you for being here and for your feedback!
Until next time,
your friends at diesdas.digital 👋
diesdas.digital is a nimble branding and product development studio in Berlin, featuring an interdisciplinary team of seven designers, developers and strategists, each with years of experience in branding, interaction design and programming. We create tailor-made digital solutions with an agile mindset and a smile on our faces.
Wanna team up for a project? We’d be delighted! Simply shoot us an email, reach out on Twitter, drop us a message on Facebook or send us grimaces viaSnapchat. We’re also on Instagram and we got gifs over on tumblr, just sayin’.
No matter the channel: We’re looking forward to hear from you! 🙌