Week 61: Newsflash
Launching a website for the .process design festival, a pitch presentation and chasing project leads. Week 61 was intense.
Hello everybody and welcome to week 61 in the life of diesdas.digital, a digital branding and product development studio with an agile mindset, sporting a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and strategists.
Phew. I know, that was a bit of a mouthful, but it’s what we came up with to describe who we are on one single slide in a pitch presentation we gave this week. Max also nicely illustrated the sentence, but that’s another story we’ll share another time. 🙃
What’s new? Glad you asked.
With the aforementioned pitch presentation, chasing new leads and advancing many current projects at once, the week was (again) rather packed:
- Sharon, Nicolás, Lorenz and Santiago are in the last stages of a large project and they’re doing a great job working towards the launch, holding it all together. Next week will be interesting.
- Meanwhile Max and Jonathan are killing it on another project. So much progress in so little time.
- Sophie is taking over more and more of accounting and office management. Super happy to have her with us, huge relief for Lars in terms of workload!
- Speaking of whom: Lars is back to designing, which seems to be a breath of fresh air after weeks of building stuff for the office.
- I’ve been busy doing maintenance on a couple of projects, building smaller new features on multiple websites.
- New in: Nintendo Switch. 🕹️
- Fidget Cubes still going strong.
- Lots of new business contract negotiations. Fun. Sort of. Better call Kuhlen!
Oh, and for the sake of completeness: We didn’t end up winning the pitch. Although the presentation itself went well, it was apparently too different from what was expected. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. This also means we have some capacity for design work in Q2, so ping us if you hear about something. 👀
Teaming up with the .process design festival
Last year we decided to become a partner of the .process design festival, which is a lovingly organized, 1-day design conference about the process behind projects, happening later this year in Dortmund. We agreed to build their website based on their design ideas, and to be perfectly honest, it hasn’t been easy to schedule in pro-bono work. You can read more about it in this post:
Pro-bono work feels like the right thing to do, yet it’s hard to dedicate the time when clients call for attention…medium.com
Last week we finally got Jonathan to build the site based on Kirby and he did an excellent job, launching it on Monday. See for yourself and consider getting one of the very affordable tickets! Highly recommended, we’ll be there for sure!
61 is a wrap!
Alright, that’s it already for the weekly recap; we’re off exploring Hyrule on Nintendo Switch now! If you liked what you saw, consider putting a smile on our faces by clicking the little heart! ❤️
Thanks, you’re the best. 🙌
Have a fantastic weekend and see you around! 🌤️
Your friends at diesdas.digital
diesdas.digital is a nimble branding and product development studio in Berlin, featuring an interdisciplinary team of nine designers, developers and strategists, each with years of experience in branding, interaction design and programming. We create tailor-made digital solutions with an agile mindset and a smile on our faces. You can hire us — let’s work together 🙌
Want more? We’re also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and we highly recommend our Tumblr. You could also subscribe to this publication to get notified when new posts are published! Phew. That’s all, over & out!