Weeks 66–70: What we’ve been up to.
It’s been a while since the last weekly recap. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hey there, I’m Harry, one of the founders of diesdas.digital, a team of designers, developers and strategists in Berlin. Each week we write a new blog post: The last couple of ones were more technical, but this week we’re returning to the more personal recap format. Why? Because a lot has happened and it’s about time for an update. Also all the photos have to be published somewhere, right? Let’s go! 🙌
A few weekends ago we took a trip to Görlitz for two days to work on the positioning of our company, internal processes and where to take it from this point on. It’s been a while since we’ve done a proper assessment of the status quo + retrospective + outlook and a ton of necessary discussions unfolded, luckily without much shouting, but the occasional tear of joy. 🙃 We have dozens of very specific ideas now which we’ll bring to fruition one by one. 💪
Back in Berlin, we gotta give a shout-out to Norman Posselt who visited us multiple times in the past weeks to take proper photos of the office, people and even clients. Super good when you can blindly trust somebody to produce absolutely stellar work. If you need photos, look no further!
- We’ve had reverberations and sound echoes in the office ever since we moved in (as everyone does in these industrial lofts), so we finally decided to do something about it. Turns out sound absorbing panels are pricey, but the real deal. Now the meeting room shall be called “the cathedral” no more.
- Woot, we finally bought a proper coffee machine! Long overdue and such a game-changer. We went with a recommendation we got from the good folks at wenkerottke (👋) and bought a Rocket. Couldn’t be happier, except for the increased need of a cleaning schedule. 😅
- We need more meeting rooms, as everyone seems to be constantly on the phone. Sigh. 💸
- Jonathan went back to studying after working with us for two full months and we’re hoping he’ll be back soon. 🤗
- Last year we started collaborating with Robert and by now it feels like he has become a regular member of the team. Super happy to have you around, buddy! 😊
- We brought Sev Furneaux to Berlin for a few days, had a great time and so we’re looking forward to continue working together. This will be a good test case for how well we can adapt to a remote work scenario. 🤔
Speaking of the team: We’re hiring and also looking for interns. So if you’re a designer or developer and you like what you see here: don’t hesitate to stop by for a coffee (or tea). Here are two posts to get you started:
Come join our team of designers, developers and strategists as an intern and work with us on challenging internet stuff…medium.com
Oh well, job postings, everyone’s favorite… let’s do this anyways because we need your help in 2017! 💞medium.com
In terms of projects it feels like the beginning of a new phase: A lot of smaller projects are coming to an end and we’re starting two bigger undertakings. Obviously there are NDAs in place (as always), but we’re definitely happy to continue our close collaboration with häberlein & mauerer, even though we moved out of their offices. Hugs go out to Laura, Stefan, Ruben and Alex, in case you’re reading this. 👍
Last but not least: Creative Morning Berlin!
If you’re attending the next Creative Morning in Berlin this Friday and you have some minutes to spare afterwards: The event is hosted by our friends and neighbors from Goodpatch. So it’d be super easy to say hello afterwards, as we’re literally one floor below! The registration is free of charge and should be open by the time you’re reading this post! Lars, Nicolás and I will be there as well! 🎉
Alright, we’re done for today!
How nice of you to stop by and thank you for the continued interest in our adventures! If you want us to share more of this stuff, consider clicking the little heart as a token of encouragement. Feedback or hints what you’d find interesting are always welcome as well! Thank you! ❤️
See you around, hopefully on Friday, and have a fantastic week!
Your friends at diesdas.digital (+ Pino)
diesdas.digital is a nimble branding and product development studio in Berlin, featuring a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and strategists, each with years of experience in branding, interaction design and programming. We create tailor-made digital solutions with an agile mindset and a smile on our faces. You can hire us — let’s work together and make rad internet stuff! 🙌
Want more? We’re also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and we highly recommend our Tumblr. You could also subscribe to this publication to get notified when new posts are published! Phew. That’s all, over & out! 🛰